Re: [bbshop] Re: Montreal Webcast???

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi guys,

      Hey people don't get all bent out of shape. As one of the lead broadcasters,
      let me say that YES there is going to be a webcast from Montreal. And, much
      to the pleasure of all of you who will be at home, we are webcasting more ,,,,
      yes MORE than we did last year. Because EVERYTHING is in the Bell Centre, we
      will be covering the World Harmony Jamboree, the MBNA Collegiate Contest, the
      AIC show, the 3 Quarter Finals Quartet Sessions, the Semi Finals Quartet
      Session, the Chorus Contest and the Saturday evening Quartet Finals and the
      Jamboree........ we are again requesting financial support for the webcast.

      This next sentence is the author's opinion only...it is not the position of
      any official of the society:
      There are 9 events that you will be able to access through the
      webcast on audio or video. Because the Society is providing
      you with excellent audio and video, and because you do not
      have to spend money to travel, stay in a hotel, or pay an
      all-events ticket price (a total of perhaps $750+), I am asking
      people who watch/listen to the webcast , consider a donation
      of a mimimum of $15.00 per event PER PERSON or a total
      pledge/gift of $125.00 per person if they view all events.

      The Webcast audience gets to view or listen to video coverage and audio
      coverage that is even better than a lot of seats in the Bell Centre. In addition,
      you get close up camera shots right on your screen, that the folks in the
      Centre have to view on Big Screens that frame the main stage...

      I hope we have the same 10-11,000 computers tuned into the webcast that we
      have had in the past. But this year, I hope everyone that watches and listens
      actually understands the value of what they are getting and sends in the
      "value" of their entertainment. And when you do listen in or watch, please take
      time to send us an email and let us know you are listening. We'll do a shout out
      to you <g>

      Thanks for all of your past support of the webcast... we look to do our best
      to bring you a professional, entertaining, informative and interactive
      webcast. If you get to Montreal, please say Hi! to Phil Debar or myself... we love
      to meet our listeners and viewers. See you in Montreal...one way or the other
      <G>

      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: <A HREF="www.harmonize.com/applauseshow">The "APPLAUSE" Show Website</A>
      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...
      Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
      <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/rmtmusic/rmtmusic.html">Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"</A>
      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
      for hosting the Nashville Webcast

      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show

    • Timothy J Fagan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
        Rich,

        Just a quick question. Although I suspect the answer is a resounding _NO_,
        are contributions to the webcast effort tax-deductible in any way, as far as
        you know? Just curious... THANKS!

        --Timster--
      • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
          Tim asked if the donations to the Webcast are tax deductible...
          Tim, I may be wrong but I think that as long as you are making the check out
          to SPEBSQSA which is a 501C3 charitable entity, the donation should be tax
          deductible for the amount over the cost. Since there is no stated cost, it
          becomes a true donation and should be tax deductible... I'll try and get an
          official ruling before we go on the air... But thanks for asking

          Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
          Show Website: <A HREF="www.harmonize.com/applauseshow">The "APPLAUSE" Show Website</A>
          Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
          WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
          On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
          email us at : applause@...
          Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
          <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/rmtmusic/rmtmusic.html">Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"</A>
          Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
          Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
          for hosting the Nashville Webcast

          for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
          for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
          Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show

        • Mark & Shelagh Radcliffe
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
            Hi All!
            year (below), I would like to suggest to (and challenge) all 'Netters
            who are GOING to Montreal to follow my lead and donate $25 US to the
            cause. Last year, Shelagh and I enjoyed virtually the entire
            International Convention via the webcast hosted by Rich and ... "the
            other guy" :). On high-speed there was hardly a blip and the (CD)
            quality was excellent. We, and many of you, I'm sure will be watching
            the (even better) webcast next year.
            So, let's help out our brother barbershoppers (who'd dearly love to be
            in Montreal with us) a little by making a small donation to an excellent
            project!

            - Yours In Harmony,
            Mark Radcliffe
            President, Dartmouth, NS "City of Lakes" Chapter
            Sunrise Division Manager, NED

            P.S. Shelagh doesn't know I'm doing this ?:-o