RE: [bbshop] Montreal Webcast???

  • John Elving
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
      In a message "The "APPLAUSE" Show with Rich Taylor and T.J.Barranger
      Playlist 5/22 News" Rich Taylor stated that he & Phil Debar would be
      webcasting the convention.

      Sing-cerely & Humm-bly,

      John Elving mailto:jelving1@...
      "Shrine of Democracy Chorus"
      Rapid City, South Dakota

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
        Hi guys,

        Hey people don't get all bent out of shape. As one of the lead broadcasters,
        let me say that YES there is going to be a webcast from Montreal. And, much
        to the pleasure of all of you who will be at home, we are webcasting more ,,,,
        yes MORE than we did last year. Because EVERYTHING is in the Bell Centre, we
        will be covering the World Harmony Jamboree, the MBNA Collegiate Contest, the
        AIC show, the 3 Quarter Finals Quartet Sessions, the Semi Finals Quartet
        Session, the Chorus Contest and the Saturday evening Quartet Finals and the
        Jamboree........ we are again requesting financial support for the webcast.

        This next sentence is the author's opinion only...it is not the position of
        any official of the society:
        There are 9 events that you will be able to access through the
        webcast on audio or video. Because the Society is providing
        you with excellent audio and video, and because you do not
        have to spend money to travel, stay in a hotel, or pay an
        all-events ticket price (a total of perhaps $750+), I am asking
        people who watch/listen to the webcast , consider a donation
        of a mimimum of $15.00 per event PER PERSON or a total
        pledge/gift of $125.00 per person if they view all events.

        The Webcast audience gets to view or listen to video coverage and audio
        coverage that is even better than a lot of seats in the Bell Centre. In addition,
        you get close up camera shots right on your screen, that the folks in the
        Centre have to view on Big Screens that frame the main stage...

        I hope we have the same 10-11,000 computers tuned into the webcast that we
        have had in the past. But this year, I hope everyone that watches and listens
        actually understands the value of what they are getting and sends in the
        "value" of their entertainment. And when you do listen in or watch, please take
        time to send us an email and let us know you are listening. We'll do a shout out
        to you <g>

        Thanks for all of your past support of the webcast... we look to do our best
        to bring you a professional, entertaining, informative and interactive
        webcast. If you get to Montreal, please say Hi! to Phil Debar or myself... we love
        to meet our listeners and viewers. See you in Montreal...one way or the other
        <G>

        Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
        Show Website: <A HREF="www.harmonize.com/applauseshow">The "APPLAUSE" Show Website</A>
        Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
        WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
        On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
        email us at : applause@...
        Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
        <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/rmtmusic/rmtmusic.html">Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"</A>
        Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
        Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
        for hosting the Nashville Webcast

        for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
        for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
        Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show

      • Timothy J Fagan
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
          Rich,

          Just a quick question. Although I suspect the answer is a resounding _NO_,
          are contributions to the webcast effort tax-deductible in any way, as far as
          you know? Just curious... THANKS!

          --Timster--
        • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
            Tim asked if the donations to the Webcast are tax deductible...
            Tim, I may be wrong but I think that as long as you are making the check out
            to SPEBSQSA which is a 501C3 charitable entity, the donation should be tax
            deductible for the amount over the cost. Since there is no stated cost, it
            becomes a true donation and should be tax deductible... I'll try and get an
            official ruling before we go on the air... But thanks for asking

            Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
            Show Website: <A HREF="www.harmonize.com/applauseshow">The "APPLAUSE" Show Website</A>
            Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
            WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
            On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
            email us at : applause@...
            Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
            <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/rmtmusic/rmtmusic.html">Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"</A>
            Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
            Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
            for hosting the Nashville Webcast

            for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
            for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
            Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show

          • Mark & Shelagh Radcliffe
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
              Hi All!
              year (below), I would like to suggest to (and challenge) all 'Netters
              who are GOING to Montreal to follow my lead and donate $25 US to the
              cause. Last year, Shelagh and I enjoyed virtually the entire
              International Convention via the webcast hosted by Rich and ... "the
              other guy" :). On high-speed there was hardly a blip and the (CD)
              quality was excellent. We, and many of you, I'm sure will be watching
              the (even better) webcast next year.
              So, let's help out our brother barbershoppers (who'd dearly love to be
              in Montreal with us) a little by making a small donation to an excellent
              project!

              - Yours In Harmony,
              Mark Radcliffe
              President, Dartmouth, NS "City of Lakes" Chapter
              Sunrise Division Manager, NED

              P.S. Shelagh doesn't know I'm doing this ?:-o