Passing of Bill Bell

  • Walt Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      The Buckeye Chapter and the Singing Buckeyes are saddened to announce the
      death of a dedicated chorus member and quartet man.

      Bill Bell transferred here from the Pioneer District, where he was active in
      many Michigan area quartets. Bill's friendly smile and outgoing manner
      allowed a quick fit with his newly found home in the Buckeye Chapter. His
      mellow bass voice was an asset to the bass section and made him a popular
      choice when quartets were being formed. Most recently Bill sang with "On
      Q", Johnny Appleseed District Medalists and "Snickers".

      Barbershop and cars were Bill's life (in that order) and recently things had
      been going very well. After a heart attack about a year ago, he had lost
      quite a bit of weight and was on a heathy diet. A new girl friend and the
      purchase of a Corvette and a PT cruiser had increased his already bright
      outlook on life. Then, a sudden heart attack took him from us and we feel a
      deep and lasting loss.

      A special memorial service has been planned for Bill. Please see the
      information below, from an email sent to the Buckeye Chapter from Tim Kalb,
      tenor of On Q.

      The memorial service Bill Bell has been set for Saturday, June 7, at

      Upper Arlington High School in the Little Theater from 2:30 to 4:00 PM.

      We had our Parade of Quartets show there a couple years on which On Q

      performed each time, and Bill really enjoyed singing there. I'm sure the

      theater will be overflowing! After the memorial service, we will go over

      to the Buckeye Office for an "afterglow" where refreshments will be

      served along with some good tag singing and other singing. That is the

      way Bill would have wanted it - he always loved the afterglows!

      For those that don't know, Upper Arlington High School is located at 1650

      Ridgeview Rd. in Upper Arlington, Ohio at the corner of Mt. Holyoke and

      Ridgeview. The Buckeye office is in the Kingsdale Shopping Center on the

      Northwest Boulevard side, just south of the MCL Cafeteria. If you have

      any questions or need further information, feel free to email me or call

      me at 740-569-0032 (home) or 614-273-3100 (work).

      Tim Kalb

      All barbershoppers within driving distance are welcome to attend this
      service.

      Walt Miller
      Singing Buckeyes