Don't Worry About Q

  • Robert Lenoil
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      I must say I'm getting a little embarrassed by all the Harmonet
      coverage regarding Q and our financial straits. I'm sure we're not
      the only quartet with a limited treasury. I just wanted to reassure
      you that, having recently rented The Full Monty, I have devised a
      plan for Q to raise all the funds it needs to get to Montreal. ;)
      You're going to love our uniforms!

      In all seriousness, we really appreciate the assistance and
      outpouring of support. Keep it coming! Raymond has nearly sold out of
      Special Feature CDs, but he also has about 40 of the "Afterglow" CDs
      (a potpourri of top notch quartets) which he received for arranging
      one of the songs on the disc and will sell at the same price ($10+$2
      shipping). We will also receive our share of the So. Cal. Go For The
      Gold show profits, but being split nine ways (way to go, FWD!) that
      probably won't amount to much. To reiterate Clark Abrahamson's
      observation, we are offering large discounts to groups who can pay us
      now for future shows ("I will gladly pay you today for a hamburger on
      Tuesday"). We'd love if we could complete all our fund raising this
      way, since after all singing is what we love to do.

      Thanks again for all the support. We'll see you in Montreal (fifth
      quartet out on Wednesday)!

      -Robert Lenoil
      Q Lead and treasurer
      http://www.Qtet.net
    • Mike Carvin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        From: "Robert Lenoil" <lenoil@...>

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I must say I'm getting a little embarrassed by all the Harmonet
        > coverage regarding Q and our financial straits. I'm sure we're not
        > the only quartet with a limited treasury. I just wanted to reassure
        > you that, having recently rented The Full Monty, I have devised a
        > plan for Q to raise all the funds it needs to get to Montreal. ;)
        > You're going to love our uniforms!

        That's one way of getting presentation points!

        -----
        Mike Carvin
        bari, Z Street quartet, 2003 NED Patriot Division "Most Improved" quartet,
        http://www.zstreet.org/
        bari, Sounds of Concord chorus, 2003 NED Patriot Division champion,
        http://www.soundsofconcord.org/
        SPEBSQSA, Concord, MA chapter (K-025)
        Editor, the Juice
        Member, PROBE