Montreal Webcast???

  • David Bailey-Aldrich
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30, 2003
      Greetings all,

      I was searching the SPEBSQSA web site for the Montreal convention and
      was surprised to see no mention of a web cast. Am I just planning
      ahead a bit too much, or will there be no web cast? Perhaps I just
      missed something.

      Thank you,

      David Bailey-Aldrich
      Lead - Great Northern Union
      Sad that he's not going to Montreal... sigh
    • David Haase
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
        I haven't heard anything about a webcast, but may I suggest an e-mail
        campaign by the Netters. Last year when I called S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. and
        inquired about the webcast I was told that there wasn't any interest.
        My suggestion to all the Netters and other barbershop lovers out
        there is to e-mail Darryl Flinn, our esteemed Society President; or
        Scott Hoge, our esteemed Society Information Systems and Website
        Guru; and let them know how much we want a webcast this year.

        Darryl Flinn's e-mail is dflinn@...

        Scott Hoge's e-mail is shoge@...

        If they hear from enough of us I'm sure they'll have a webcast.

        Let the e-mail campaign commence!!!

        David Haase
        Old Capitol Chorus Webmaster, Bulletin Editor, and PR Officer
        Iowa City, Iowa

        Old Capitol Chorus Website:
        http://www.harmonize.ws/occ

        The Town Crier - OCC Newsletter
        http://www.harmonize.ws/occ/newsletter.html

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "David Bailey-Aldrich"
        <dbaldrich1@q...> wrote:
        > Greetings all,
        >
        > I was searching the SPEBSQSA web site for the Montreal convention
        and
        > was surprised to see no mention of a web cast. Am I just planning
        > ahead a bit too much, or will there be no web cast? Perhaps I just
        > missed something.

        > Thank you,
        >
        > David Bailey-Aldrich
        > Lead - Great Northern Union
        > Sad that he's not going to Montreal... sigh
      • Steven Wheaton
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
          Hi All,

          As far as I know, the Society is planning to do the webcast. We have set up
          areas in the Bell Centre specifically for them and the planning is underway.
          I will post more news as I receive it. Please don't bombard Headquarters
          with this as they are working very hard and they know how much the webcast
          is wanted by those who can not attend.

          Thanks

          Steve Wheaton
          Co-Chairman, 2003 SPEBSQSA International Convention, Montreal.

          > I haven't heard anything about a webcast, but may I suggest an e-mail
          > campaign by the Netters. Last year when I called S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. and
          > inquired about the webcast I was told that there wasn't any interest.
          > My suggestion to all the Netters and other barbershop lovers out
          > there is to e-mail Darryl Flinn, our esteemed Society President; or
          > Scott Hoge, our esteemed Society Information Systems and Website
          > Guru; and let them know how much we want a webcast this year.
          >
          > Darryl Flinn's e-mail is dflinn@...
          >
          > Scott Hoge's e-mail is shoge@...
          >
          > If they hear from enough of us I'm sure they'll have a webcast.
          >
          > Let the e-mail campaign commence!!!
          >

          > David Haase
          > Old Capitol Chorus Webmaster, Bulletin Editor, and PR Officer
          > Iowa City, Iowa
          >
          > Old Capitol Chorus Website:
          > http://www.harmonize.ws/occ
          >
          > The Town Crier - OCC Newsletter
          > http://www.harmonize.ws/occ/newsletter.html
          >

          > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "David Bailey-Aldrich"
          > <dbaldrich1@q...> wrote:
          > > Greetings all,
          > >
          > > I was searching the SPEBSQSA web site for the Montreal convention
          > and
          > > was surprised to see no mention of a web cast. Am I just planning
          > > ahead a bit too much, or will there be no web cast? Perhaps I just
          > > missed something.
          > >
          > > Any information would be greatly appreciated.
          > >
          > > Thank you,
          > >
          > > David Bailey-Aldrich
          > > Lead - Great Northern Union
          > > Sad that he's not going to Montreal... sigh

        • John Elving
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
            In a message "The "APPLAUSE" Show with Rich Taylor and T.J.Barranger
            Playlist 5/22 News" Rich Taylor stated that he & Phil Debar would be
            webcasting the convention.

            Sing-cerely & Humm-bly,

            John Elving mailto:jelving1@...
            "Shrine of Democracy Chorus"
            Rapid City, South Dakota

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
              Hi guys,

              Hey people don't get all bent out of shape. As one of the lead broadcasters,
              let me say that YES there is going to be a webcast from Montreal. And, much
              to the pleasure of all of you who will be at home, we are webcasting more ,,,,
              yes MORE than we did last year. Because EVERYTHING is in the Bell Centre, we
              will be covering the World Harmony Jamboree, the MBNA Collegiate Contest, the
              AIC show, the 3 Quarter Finals Quartet Sessions, the Semi Finals Quartet
              Session, the Chorus Contest and the Saturday evening Quartet Finals and the
              Jamboree........ we are again requesting financial support for the webcast.

              This next sentence is the author's opinion only...it is not the position of
              any official of the society:
              There are 9 events that you will be able to access through the
              webcast on audio or video. Because the Society is providing
              you with excellent audio and video, and because you do not
              have to spend money to travel, stay in a hotel, or pay an
              all-events ticket price (a total of perhaps $750+), I am asking
              people who watch/listen to the webcast , consider a donation
              of a mimimum of $15.00 per event PER PERSON or a total
              pledge/gift of $125.00 per person if they view all events.

              The Webcast audience gets to view or listen to video coverage and audio
              coverage that is even better than a lot of seats in the Bell Centre. In addition,
              you get close up camera shots right on your screen, that the folks in the
              Centre have to view on Big Screens that frame the main stage...

              I hope we have the same 10-11,000 computers tuned into the webcast that we
              have had in the past. But this year, I hope everyone that watches and listens
              actually understands the value of what they are getting and sends in the
              "value" of their entertainment. And when you do listen in or watch, please take
              time to send us an email and let us know you are listening. We'll do a shout out
              to you <g>

              Thanks for all of your past support of the webcast... we look to do our best
              to bring you a professional, entertaining, informative and interactive
              webcast. If you get to Montreal, please say Hi! to Phil Debar or myself... we love
              to meet our listeners and viewers. See you in Montreal...one way or the other
              <G>

              Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
              Show Website: <A HREF="www.harmonize.com/applauseshow">The "APPLAUSE" Show Website</A>
              Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
              WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
              On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
              email us at : applause@...
              Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
              <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/rmtmusic/rmtmusic.html">Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"</A>
              Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
              Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
              for hosting the Nashville Webcast

              for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
              for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
              Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show

            • Timothy J Fagan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
                Rich,

                Just a quick question. Although I suspect the answer is a resounding _NO_,
                are contributions to the webcast effort tax-deductible in any way, as far as
                you know? Just curious... THANKS!

                --Timster--
              • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
                  Tim asked if the donations to the Webcast are tax deductible...
                  Tim, I may be wrong but I think that as long as you are making the check out
                  to SPEBSQSA which is a 501C3 charitable entity, the donation should be tax
                  deductible for the amount over the cost. Since there is no stated cost, it
                  becomes a true donation and should be tax deductible... I'll try and get an
                  official ruling before we go on the air... But thanks for asking

                  Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
                  Show Website: <A HREF="www.harmonize.com/applauseshow">The "APPLAUSE" Show Website</A>
                  Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
                  WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
                  On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
                  email us at : applause@...
                  Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
                  <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/rmtmusic/rmtmusic.html">Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"</A>
                  Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
                  Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
                  for hosting the Nashville Webcast

                  for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
                  for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
                  Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show

                • Mark & Shelagh Radcliffe
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
                    Hi All!
                    year (below), I would like to suggest to (and challenge) all 'Netters
                    who are GOING to Montreal to follow my lead and donate $25 US to the
                    cause. Last year, Shelagh and I enjoyed virtually the entire
                    International Convention via the webcast hosted by Rich and ... "the
                    other guy" :). On high-speed there was hardly a blip and the (CD)
                    quality was excellent. We, and many of you, I'm sure will be watching
                    the (even better) webcast next year.
                    So, let's help out our brother barbershoppers (who'd dearly love to be
                    in Montreal with us) a little by making a small donation to an excellent
                    project!

                    - Yours In Harmony,
                    Mark Radcliffe
                    President, Dartmouth, NS "City of Lakes" Chapter
                    Sunrise Division Manager, NED

                    P.S. Shelagh doesn't know I'm doing this ?:-o