Re: [bbshop] T`s Plea

  • Dick Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2003
      I seem to determine a condescending tone here .........

      Dj in MT
    • joeltrutherford
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2003
        Hey guys ... been reading all this slop on the `Net about some
        quartet from FWD and their money woes ...

        Well I`m here to tell you that ain`t nothin`. Allow me to let you
        in on Joel T`s plea ...

        We, the AX boys, arrived over here in Japan on Tuesday afternoon for
        a wee little concert tour. And interesting though that may be ...
        we have a slight problem. We`re in Tokyo right now, which is a
        fairly large city with a decent number of food options. But we`re
        getting set to head out into the far reaches of this strange and
        exotic land ... and I fear my food options will become much less
        plentiful, and MUCH less recognizable.

        For example ... Octopus balls for breakfast, shark cartilage for
        lunch, and Jason`s recent foray into the wonders of pre-sushi fish
        egg slop on a bed of lettuce as an appetizer for dinner.

        So if I could get someone to FedEx me a Wendy`s Combo #1 with
        cheese, no onions, and a Dr. Pepper, that would be SUPER!!! And
        Todd wants a Combo #6 biggie sized with a Dr. Pepper. Just send it
        to the Shinagawa Prince Hotel here in Tokyo.

        Thanks.

        Joel T. (T`s Plea) Rutherford
      • gsbmedal@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 28, 2003

          >So if I could get someone to FedEx me a Wendy`s Combo #1 with
          >cheese, no onions, and a Dr. Pepper, that would be SUPER!!! And
          >Todd wants a Combo #6 biggie sized with a Dr. Pepper. Just send it
          >to the Shinagawa Prince Hotel here in Tokyo.
          >
          >Thanks.
          >
          >Joel T. (T`s Plea) Rutherford

          If Joe Connelly were in your entourage, we'd be sending him a box of White
          Castle "slider" hamburgers!!!

          (If I recall correctly, when Joe visited to coach Chicago Chord of Trade
          several years back, he "coerced" the tenor of the quartet go out on a
          midnight foray to find the nearest White Castle............... :-)

          But I have to say, Joel T., if we're going to Wendy's on your behalf, why
          the heck don't you want a Frostie?!
          I do understand the Dr. Pepper craving, though...........

          All sing along now, "I'm a Pepper, He's a Pepper, She's a Pepper, We're a
          Pepper....... Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? (echo: Be a Pepper,
          Drink Dr. Pepper........)"
          http://www.advertisementave.com/tv/ad.asp?u_player=mediaplayer&adid=50

          Definitely the soda with the best jingle song ever :-).

          - Helen "I'm a Pepper" Giallombardo
        • Tracy Fuller
          Message 4 of 5 , May 29, 2003
            Wow! What a great idea!!!

            ***ACOUSTIX: The Weightloss Tour***

            I bet you guys will be starting a whole new wave of Quartet Tours now.
            Forget Ireland!!! This is exactly what American quartets need. You guys
            are brilliant......

            Here's something to think about guys. You may have to sacrifice one of your
            own to have some American meat. That's right. You heard me. It's just
            like the mountain climb scenarios. Just draw straws or something. It's for
            the survival of the group you know!! Or maybe you won't have to resort to
            straws....just wait for the first one to go down from bad sushi. There's an
            idea. Better for one to give up a leg than for all to perish. Grey poupon
            anyone? Goes well with Leg of Acoustix! Of course if you're having to make
            this decision amongst yourselves....let me help you out. Rick and Joel are
            out....just too thin and not worth the effort. That leaves Todd and Jason
            to choose between. Let's see. Jason's a lawyer, right?
            Hmmmmmmm......that's all I'm saying. Maybe you should check thigh
            circumference. Yeah, maybe you better go with that criteria. I'd hate to
            see something happen to someone by virtue of a career choice made long ago.
            (Should have been a firefighter. Everyone seems to love them.)

            Aaanyways, just know that we feel for ya! And hope you find some kind of
            nutrition that is palatable. But you seriously might want to consider
            getting a photo session for that next CD cover scheduled ASAP when you get
            back. Make this experience work for you!

            Lots of Texas love,

            Tracy Fuller
            Prairie Winds Chorus
            Region25
            Rendition, tenor

            Check out Rendition's website: www.crstx.com/rendition
          • andrewbytes
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
              THE MAN'S HUNGRY!! SOMEBODY FEED HIM!!!!

              Have you EVER heard of such Cruelty! (man this cheese burger with
              fries just dripped on my keyboard...)