Gas House Gang, HELP!

  • Tom Emmert
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      Or, The Virtue of Planning Ahead:

      This afternoon on "The Song Shop", WMKV-FM (www.wmkvfm.org) kicked off
      their annual fund drive. I had earlier given a copy of GHG's "Some Children
      See Him" to Annie Wagner (chair of the music committee) for review and
      inclusion in the station's holiday repertoire. She loved it so much she
      said "I'm going to play this on the Song Shop!" So, bracketed between Art
      Tatum and the Mills Brothers, WMKV listeners heard "Merry Christmas
      Darling", along with my offer of a copy of the CD as a pledge premium for
      new or renewing members.

      Well- before I could get the spigot turned off, three listeners called and
      said "I'll pledge $50 (or $100) if I can have that CD!". This in about a
      minute-and-a-half. This on a station specializing in big band music,
      constrained by the FCC to an effective radiated power of 425 watts, with a
      practical listening radius of barely ten miles.

      So, GHG, when you see my online order for a couple more copies of the CD,
      please hustle them along. I owe three anxious listeners their copies!

      BTW: Annie's going to use "Twas The Night Before Christmas" next week. It's
      hysterical!

      Tom
      barit1@...
      WMKV-FM volunteer engineer