re: still wondering (SING!)

  • Eric King
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      I can't speak for the planners of the event, but I will speak as
      someone who is planning on enjoying the event.

      If you look at the groups in the event, there is a good mix of
      barbershop groups to listen to. I think the intent of the event is
      to share the joy of harmony (some of that harmony will specifically
      be barbershop harmony) with a large group of people (some of whom
      will be barbershoppers and some of whow may not even realize
      barbershop exists on the scale it does.)

      So, I think the reasons might be as follows.

      1. Another great time to hear some barbershop in a show format.
      2. A great opportunity to hear some other great "harmony" groups.
      3. A great public relations event which will share barbershop
      harmony with some people who may not know what barbershop harmony is
      in 2001.
      4. A convenient time to do some partnering with other groups looking
      to fill our world with the sound of harmony.

      Honestly, I think those are some pretty good reasons. I like any
      opportunity to fellowship with people who love harmony. It allows
      us to celebrate/showcase both what we have in common AND what makes
      us different (unique.)

      Just some thoughts.
      EK