re: still wondering (SING!)
- I can't speak for the planners of the event, but I will speak as
someone who is planning on enjoying the event.
If you look at the groups in the event, there is a good mix of
barbershop groups to listen to. I think the intent of the event is
to share the joy of harmony (some of that harmony will specifically
be barbershop harmony) with a large group of people (some of whom
will be barbershoppers and some of whow may not even realize
barbershop exists on the scale it does.)
So, I think the reasons might be as follows.
1. Another great time to hear some barbershop in a show format.
2. A great opportunity to hear some other great "harmony" groups.
3. A great public relations event which will share barbershop
harmony with some people who may not know what barbershop harmony is
4. A convenient time to do some partnering with other groups looking
to fill our world with the sound of harmony.
Honestly, I think those are some pretty good reasons. I like any
opportunity to fellowship with people who love harmony. It allows
us to celebrate/showcase both what we have in common AND what makes
us different (unique.)
Just some thoughts.