Re: Just Wondering

  • Kevin Keller
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      Harmonetters,

      Can someone tell my why something called SING! seems to be appended to the
      2001 Society's international convention?

      Tom Pearce
      Charlottesville, Virginia

      Hi Tom

      I don’t know.

      Somebody might have thought it would be fun and figured if you didn’t want
      to hear it, you wouldn’t go. Someone might have thought it would be an
      opportunity to hear other vocal styles done by the very best while you’re in
      town. It might be a ploy to extort money from you to attend the convention
      earlier. It might be a perverse plot to show CASA how good barbershop really
      is. Or someone figured that there might be some people attending who have
      never been exposed to barbershop and they could see the glory and fun of an
      International.

      So, I guess I really don’t see any good reasons for it at all.

      Kevin Keller
      kkbari@...
    • jimstyer@home.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
        At 05:26 PM 12/1/00 -0600, Kevin Keller wrote:
        >Harmonetters,
        >
        >Can someone tell my why something called SING! seems to be appended to the
        >2001 Society's international convention?
        >
        >Tom Pearce
        >Charlottesville, Virginia

        It's a previously announced a cappella celebration starting on the
        weekend, preceeding the SPEB convention. See your Harmonizer pg 21 and
        33 and the SPEB Web
        site, particuarly: http://www.spebsqsa.org/2001/

        --jim--
        jimstyer@...