Re: What got me "hooked"

  • Stan and Nancy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      Back in the early 70's I was singing in our church choir, which was directed
      by a guy by the name of Bob Long. I knew a couple of guys in our choir sang
      for Bob in "The Sounds of Concord" Chorus.

      Bob was my best friend and cohort on a lot ofchurch committees, and he never
      really "pushed" me to sing BBShop, but kept telling the choir how great it
      was. Finally, one Sunday the "Sounds" came to sing at our church. They did
      their version of "Shenandoa", and The Lords Prayer. I was abso;utely blown
      away. I showed up at the next rehearsal, (much to the pleasure of Bob) and
      auditioned and joined.

      My very first District Competiton as a chorus member (1976) we won! What a
      thrill.

      Bob passed away, and I stopped singing for a long while, buta few years ago,
      a business friend got me to go to a rehearsal of the Worcester Men of Song,
      (Worcester, MA) and sang one song and was "hooked" all over again.

      This is the greatest hobby in the world!!!!!!!!

      Stan Znamierowski
      Bari Section Leader
      Worcester Men of Song
      Worcester, MA