Re: The performance that helped "hook" you

  • Kirsten or Edward
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2000
      Wow-- these stories are fun to read! When my daugher was born, I went from
      being a full-time music teacher to a stay-at-home mom. I knew I needed
      something musical to do. I went to my local Sweet Adelines chapter meeting.
      They reeled me in, having me join their music staff almost immediately,which
      helped feed my craving to do something that I felt qualfied to do. However,
      onto the performace that "hooked" me....
      My first contest was what did it. I saw on the stage in these beautiful plum
      dresses, the Ramapo Valley Chorus sing the West Side Story Medley. Everyone
      in my chorus kept telling me, "Wait until you hear Ramapo Valley!" over and
      over again. Now I knew why. My jaw dropped to the floor, and I knew that
      this is something I must keep doing!

      Happy Holidays.....
      Kirsten Jerlin
      tenor section leader