Re: What hooked you!

  • David Short
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      I came to a publicly advertised guest night and found
      Randy Chisolm on stage directing 60 guys. I worked harder
      vocally in warmups that night than I had ever done before.

      2 months later he was gone. 4 years later I'm still here.

      David Short
      Dayton Metro
    • Malcolm Agnew
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
        Fellow H@rmonetters -
        Guess I have to join in on this one too.
        In 1962 I was in the Air Force and attending Case Institute of
        Technology as a graduate student. The local ROTC unit had a dance and
        all of us AF students were invited. During a break, there was
        entertainment - a barbershop quartet from the Euclid, Ohio, Chapter. They
        performed and I must have reacted positively since a fellow AF student,
        Dennis Conrady, asked me if I liked what I heard. I said sure thing and he
        allowed as how he was a member of the Euclid Chapter and maybe I would like
        to go to a rehearsal. I did, and was wowed by what went on. At that time
        the Euclid Chapter was directed by Tom Neal, and they met Friday. This
        allowed for a great afterglow at the Slovenian (I think) Hall where they
        met - anyway, lots of beer, woodshedding, quartet singing, and some great
        kolbasi (sp?).
        Dennis later became a member of the Vocal Majority and is always
        embarassed when I single him out and publically thank him for introducing me
        to barbershop. So be embarassed again Dennis. A very public thank you
        again.
        Mal Agnew
        <earthlink.net>
        Arlingtons (Virginia) Chapter, and Harmony Heritage Singers daytime singers,
        Washington DC Metropolitan area.