Re: Looking for an arrangement

  • schlesmail
    Message 1 of 96 , Apr 1, 2003
      I agree with Dick Johnson: the "Heritage of Harmony" songbook is one
      of the best investments a Barbershopper can make, & it will provide a
      quartet or chorus with a ready-to-go repertoire of 75 square
      barbershop arrangements.

      HOWEVER . . .

      It's possible to get permission from SPEBSQSA to make copies of
      individual selections from any of the music books the Society has
      published. There's a fee involved, & some paperwork to sign, but it
      can be done, & it's an affordable alternative to purchasing multiple
      copies of a book. When I was my chapter's Music VP, I went through
      Tom Barr at the Old Songs Library at Harmony Hall, & I suspect he's
      still the person to contact.

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
      member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
      member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
      founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
      847/328-0921
    • goldmedl
      Message 96 of 96 , Jan 14, 2013
        Jay G. did one as part of the set he arranged
        for the Sound of the Rockies chorus.
        Please inquire directly to us at:
        gsbmedalmusic dot comcast dot net
        with all contact particulars.

        - Helen Giallombardo
        on behalf of the portfolio of Jay Giallombardo
        original songs and arrangements
        http://www.gsbmedalmusic.com