Re: [bbshop] RE: Judges

  • Jason Boddie
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 1 8:12 AM
      Just a note before I get started. My Flame Retardant
      suit has been taken out, dusted off, and put on.

      Every so often a thread comes along, and the subject
      of making BBS in some way co-ed pops up. Maybe the
      reason why it has not happened so far, is the
      potential for a huge amount of resistance to that very
      idea.

      I know guys who view BBS as a night out with the guys.
      If it became something else they would not do it
      anymore. That mind set carries over to other aspects
      of the hobby, contest being one of them. They want to
      keep it gender exclusive. Is that old school? Maybe.
      Is it wrong? That depends on who you ask.

      Personally, I would not want judges from SAI, or HI
      not because I dislike women, or think they are not
      competent. However, because of the reasons listed
      above. I like my night out, and I like all of the
      shows, contest, and other events I share with my
      BROTHERS. It is some what like a fraternity and I
      would like it to stay that way.

      Jason Boddie

      P.S. Fire Away

      Are there qaulified judges in SPEB, SAI, & HI that
      could cross train and judge? SUre, I think we can all
      admit that. Does that mean we should.
      --- "Wollin, Todd P, SR (Peter)** CTR **"

      =====
      Jason I. Boddie

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • Joe De Felice
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 8, 2009
        100% in agreement here.... and the reason is that not all judges
        will give a perfect score, and odds are great that not all judges
        within a category will agree in the absolute. At international we have
        3 categories and 5 judges in each. Some of the math guys here
        can tell you the odds of ALL perfect scores. Point being the difference
        is in the details for each performance, each judging opportunity, and as
        always..... the total accumulated score wins.

        Now if someone thinks there is the possibility of "too many" perfect 100's
        let me say that I will buy a ticket to that contest right now, and to parody an
        old saying about something entirely different, I say...... "If she
        ties, she ties".
        It's called a dead heat in other venues.

        ShowGlow Joe
        p.s. as to your teaser.... I believe you set a first impression
        level, hi-med-lo,
        at the outset of a performance and empirically raise or lower from there for
        the entire performance.