Director Needed

  • Lloyd Irwin
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2000
      The 115 man Albuquerque Chapter, six time RMD champions with a full
      annual plan of good music and good singing, is looking for a new
      director. (Our current director is leaving next July to continue his
      education.)

      We can offer the best four season climate in the country, a growing
      community of 500,000 great people (and one or two grouches), and more
      than a hundred men who'll help the right man or woman find the right
      job. We have an excellent music team and we're committed to music
      education, fun, fellowship, and singing songs in the barbershop
      style!

      If you are interested, contact our President, George Franklin at
      gfranklin@....

      Thank you.

      Lloyd Irwin
      lwirwin@...

      http://calendar.yahoo.com/
    • Lynn Jacobs
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2001
        Hello, I am posting this message on behalf of the Peterborough Harmony
        Singers. Please send any replies to Kathy Werling at KEWerling@... .
        Thank you! Lynn Jacobs

        DIRECTOR SEARCH!

        The Peterborough Harmony Singers, a member chapter of Harmony Incorporated,
        has a proud history spanning over 30 years of competition, performance,
        community involvement and fellowship. Currently, our chorus is made up of
        21 fun-loving women who thoroughly enjoy singing. The Peterborough Pipers,
        as we were known back then, originally chartered in 1970 and have been
        actively singing ever since. We rehearse every Tuesday evening at 7:30 at
        the St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Murray and Water
        Streets.

        The chorus stresses friendship and camaraderie within Chorus activities as
        well as area functions.
        Quality singing is paramount to members of the Peterborough Harmony Singers,
        and it is our goal to continue to improve through education and coaching.

        We are seeking a director with the following major attributes:

        Musical Knowledge
        A strong working knowledge of music, chord structure, and the ability to
        recognize proper or improper chords, parts there of, and to correct if
        possible. To have the ability to teach 4 - 5 new songs to the chorus per
        year, together with the music team.

        Positive Motivational Style -
        Recognizing that the barbershop experience is a hobby for its members, and
        that positive results are best obtained through positive motivation, the
        successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to develop a continuing
        increase in the singing and performance capabilities of the chorus in a
        positive manor, yet with positive control.

        Team Player -
        Recognizing that the Music Director of the Chorus is responsible to the
        Music Committee, the successful candidate must also be able to work in
        harmony with the music team.

        Interested individuals who wish further details, please contact Kathy
        Werling at
        (phone) or KEWerling@... .
      • Lynn Jacobs
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2001
          It has been pointed out to me that the location of the Petersborough Chorus
          was omitted from the message, so I thought I would fix that. The chorus is
          located in Ontario, Canada.

          In Harmony,
          Lynn Jacobs
        • Larry Powell
          Message 4 of 8 , May 17, 2006
            Subj: Chorus Director Wanted

            Orlando, FL Chapter is in a search for a chorus director.
            If you should know or hear of someone that may be
            interested, please refer them to Chapter President,
            Guy Germain, 407-365-7062.

          • kaystone66
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 9, 2008
              Retire to beautiful golf capital of the world - Pinehurst NC. We need
              an experienced barbershop director to continue taking us to contest in
              March of '08 and our chapter show in June of '08. Compensation is
              negotiable. Please put "director search" in subject line. Kay Stone,
              TC, Sandhills Harmony Chorus. 910-255-6366 or cell 910-516-0600 e-mail
              is seashanty2@.... Thanks.
            • dancinbari@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 28, 2008
                DIRECTOR NEEDED

                ?

                After many successful years as O.K. City's director, Jim Massey has?decided ?to? make his bow out appearance at Region 25's contest March? 26 - 28, 2009.?? Under his direction, the O.K. City Chorus has won?our regional contest numerous times and represented?our region at International Convention 14 times since our first appearance on the International stage in 1976.? We have placed in the top?10 on ten occasions, with four of those placements in the top five.???

                ?

                We?not only wish to continue the success that we've had in the past but also?to grow musically in the future.? We are seeking a director with the ability to lead us toward those goals.

                ?

                An application form is posted on our web site, www.okcity.org.? Interested parties should send the completed application to Marilyn Funk, Team Leader, O.K. City Chorus, 1287 N. Adkins Hill Road, Norman, OK? 73072.? The application should be postmarked no later than September 30, 2008.? Notification to applicants selected for audition will be sent no later than October 27, 2008.? Auditions will be scheduled after the chorus returns from International Convention in November, 2008.

              • jan.scofield@rocketmail.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
                  The Heart of Texas Chorus in San Marcos, Texas (between San Antonio and Austin) is looking for a director. We have placed as high as 9th place at International in Nashville in 2008.

                  Our most recent International competition in Anaheim was not so good becasue we lost our director, Ron Black. We came in 24th. Yikes!!!

                  We are looking for someone to get us back on the right path. We are looking for a positive musical people person.

                  Let us know if you're the one!! Time's a wastin'!

                  Contact: Jan Scofield at jan_marcy@...
                • mary forman
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 30, 2014
                    Our director is retiring and we want to find the perfect replacement! ChannelAire is a 40 voice Sweet Adelines International competing chorus with a strong community presence. We need a director with vocal music experience or significant musical talent combined with strong leadership and people skills to propel us to the next level of musical excellence. We meet Tuesdays 7:00-10:00 PM in Camarillo CA. Please respond to Marilyn at memeyer4@...