arrangement

  • Sherri Matthews
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 31, 2000
      I am trying to find the arrangers to "Just Another Song About Love," and
      "Once Upon A time." (By Keepsake) Any help would be appreciated.

      Sherri

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Robert Squires
      Message 2 of 25 , May 18, 2001
        Looking for an arrangement of "Playing Right Field."
        Private responses, please.
      • Jed F Casey
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 16, 2002
          Michael Gellert from Elkridge has a fantastic arrangement of Jenny
          Rebecca. Guaranteed to make you weep! Jed Casey
        • Jerry Hodge
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 21, 2003
            Is there a BBS arrangement of "I Wish I Was Eighteen Again" out there
            somewhere? Please answer at jay8ch@....
          • Michael.Slamka@schefenacker-usa.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 22, 2003
              You might check with someone from the 139th St. Quartet. I remember them doing
              the song on a recording with the late Hal Purdy.

              Michael Slamka
              mike @ powerplayquartet.com

              "Jerry Hodge" <jay8ch@...> on 01/21/2003 01:07:20 PM

              To: "Bbshop" <bbshop@yahoogroups.com>
              cc: (bcc: Michael T. Slamka/Vision_Systems_NA/Britax)

              Subject: [bbshop] arrangement

            • sdtenor@aol.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 9, 2003
                I am looking for an arrangement of Tin Roof Blues for division contest.
                Please contact me at SDTENOR@....
                Thanks,
                Steve Dunie, tenor Greenwich Ave. Manahttan Chapter

              • markrusch2002
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 22, 2003
                  Hi,

                  Does anyone who did the arrangement of "No More Sorrow" that the GHG
                  and others have been doing?

                  Many thanks,

                  Mark Rusch
                • Phillip Fitzpatrick
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 22, 2003
                    If you go to their website, I believe there is a link for arrangements
                    and who did what.

                    Here it is:

                    http://www.gashousegang.com/music.php

                    Phil Fitzpatrick - Bass
                    FourFront
                    Barbershop Quartet
                    Omaha & Fremont, NE

                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 22, 2003
                      I thought there wasn't a written arrangement for that.

                      Which makes it more impressive if you ask me.

                      Jeremy M. Conover
                      BOW Chorus
                      Terre Haute, Indiana

                      Bass--Afterthought
                      2002 CAR Quartet Champs

                      >From: "Phillip Fitzpatrick" <pfitzpat@...>
                      >To: "markrusch2002" <markrusch@...>,<bbshop@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: RE: [bbshop] arrangement
                      >Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:08:22 -0500
                      >
                      >If you go to their website, I believe there is a link for arrangements
                      >and who did what.
                      >
                      >Here it is:
                      >
                      >http://www.gashousegang.com/music.php
                      >

                      >Phil Fitzpatrick - Bass
                      > FourFront
                      >Barbershop Quartet
                      >Omaha & Fremont, NE

                      High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local
                      service providers in your area). Click here. https://broadband.msn.com
                    • Phillip Fitzpatrick
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 22, 2003
                        Actually, I think that I have seen one. I will find out at practice
                        tonight and let you know. I know one of our quartets sings it from
                        written music. Just like all popular stuff, if there isn't a written
                        arrangement out there (so to speak), someone may put it down on paper
                        with at least a little accuracy to sing it themselves. I was lately
                        trying to track down a copy of "Every Time I Feel the Spirit" that
                        PowerPlay does...who got it from a recording of .....doing it....who got
                        it from ....doing it...who never had a copy of it. They finally told me
                        to have someone listen to it and put it down for me. Good charts out
                        there....if only they were ALL available.

                        Now for those out there who say it is illegal to print or write down
                        copywritten material yourself....I KNOW!!!! Only after an exhaustive
                        search (including asking the quartet who performed it that you heard)
                        and not finding any arrangement out there, do you try to write it down
                        yourself. (Gotta pay those arrangers, you know!)

                        Phil Fitzpatrick
                        Bellevue University Center for Information Technology
                        1000 Galvin Road South
                        Bellevue, NE 68005

                          I thought there wasn't a written arrangement for that.

                          Which makes it more impressive if you ask me.

                          Jeremy M. Conover
                          BOW Chorus
                          Terre Haute, Indiana

                          Bass--Afterthought
                          2002 CAR Quartet Champs

                          Todd P. Wollin Sr.
                          Baritone - Northbrook New Tradition Chorus
                          Bari - unnamed quartet
                          visit http://www.harmonize.ws/toddsquartet for details

                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 22, 2003
                            At 11:33 AM 9/22/2003 -0500, Phillip Fitzpatrick wrote:
                            >Actually, I think that I have seen one. I will find out at practice
                            >tonight and let you know. I know one of our quartets sings it from
                            >written music. Just like all popular stuff, if there isn't a written
                            >arrangement out there (so to speak), someone may put it down on paper
                            >with at least a little accuracy to sing it themselves. I was lately
                            >trying to track down a copy of "Every Time I Feel the Spirit" that
                            >PowerPlay does...who got it from a recording of .....doing it....who got
                            >it from ....doing it...who never had a copy of it. They finally told me
                            >to have someone listen to it and put it down for me. Good charts out
                            >there....if only they were ALL available.

                            Phillip - I actually might know the source for this one, if I could hear
                            Power Play's version to just be certain it's the same one I know that my
                            friend, Dennis Morrissey, did years ago for "Audio Encore", a Sweet
                            Adelines Top 5 medalist quartet in the 1980's. I see it's on Power Play's
                            "The Best of Times" recording. I will order one today, and take a listen,
                            'cause I don't want to make any more recommendations or assumptions for
                            this cut if it's not correct.

                            In the meantime, please contact Dennis for his version - I will forward you
                            his contact info in a separate private reply. I'm just not comfortable
                            about publishing his contact info here on the Harmonet, which unfortunately
                            is letting in too many unknowns/spammers these days. You can tell him I
                            sent you (seriously) - he's the one I hold fully responsible for addicting
                            me to barbershop :-) and getting me to join the Sweet Ad chorus he was
                            directing in my home town back in 1982 ;-).

                            - Helen Giallombardo
                          • John
                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 5, 2004
                              Looking fora GHG arrangement of "No More Sorrows"

                            • Bob Bennett
                              Message 14 of 25 , Apr 10, 2006
                                I'm looking for an arrangement of Jazz Me Blues. There is one listed on the the societies arrangement catalog from LM Coyle. Has anyone ever sung this arrangement? Do anyone know of another arrangement out there that's available?

                                In harmony,

                                Bob Bennett
                                Bass of Family Affair

                                "We're more than just a quartet, we're FAMILY"

                                www.harmonize.com/familyaffair

                              • mpd3244@earthlink.net
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 13, 2006
                                  Can anyone provide me with info on a good arrangement of 'When you wish upon a star', preferably one that contains that song only, no medleys. Thanks

                                  Craig Brown
                                  Membership V.P./ S.P Director
                                  Memphis Cotton Boll Chorus
                                  mpd3244@...

                                • Djbqpa@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jul 13, 2006
                                    In a message dated 07/13/2006 9:28:47 AM, mpd3244@... writes:

                                    << 'When you wish upon a star' >>

                                    - - - - - -

                                    Ah, yes! The lilting, and easily performed ditty that Leigh Harline
                                    and Ned Washington penned for Walt Disney years ago.

                                    The simplicity of that melodic line and implied harmonies is exceeded
                                    only by "Deep Purple" in it's vocal range and tonality requirements.

                                    (8^D)

                                    Dick Johnson
                                    BQPA/BHS/Pioneers
                                    EVG/Treasure Statesmen
                                    Great Falls, MT
                                  • David Wallace
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Oct 1, 2006
                                      Anyone know of a physical copy of "Story of the 3 Bells (Jimmy Brown)"
                                      The Four Statesmen recorded it, but it must have been done elsewhere.

                                      ???

                                      David Wallace
                                      lead - "The Rapscallions", 1984 International Champs
                                      master director - "Heart of Ohio" SAI chorus

                                    • Dave Buss
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Oct 2, 2006
                                        The Happiness Emporium recorded it as well - it was with their first
                                        baritone, Bob Spong, singing the melody line. You may want to contact
                                        Bob Dowma.

                                        Dave Buss, Music Director
                                        Manitowoc, WI Chapter - BHS

                                        --- David Wallace <email@...> wrote:

                                        > Anyone know of a physical copy of "Story of the 3 Bells (Jimmy
                                        > Brown)"
                                        > The Four Statesmen recorded it, but it must have been done elsewhere.
                                        >

                                        > ???
                                        >

                                        > David Wallace
                                        > lead - "The Rapscallions", 1984 International Champs
                                        > master director - "Heart of Ohio" SAI chorus

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      • Christopher Baker
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Oct 17, 2006
                                          does anyone have an arrangement of "Come, Come Ye Saints" originally
                                          known as "All Is Well" when it was written in 1846?

                                          thanks.

                                          Getting back to BASSics...

                                          KTWWS! & HTW!
                                          Christopher

                                          Have you been to the Sunshine District MegaStore?

                                          http://www.cafepress.com/sunshinebbs

                                          Yahoo ID: cbaker84
                                          ICQ #7176473
                                        • Djbqpa@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Oct 18, 2006
                                            In a message dated 10/17/06 1:02:59 PM, cbaker84@... writes:

                                            << does anyone have an arrangement of "Come, Come Ye Saints" originally
                                            known as "All Is Well" when it was written in 1846? >>

                                            - - - - - - -

                                            I've got a collection of Hymnals from several denominations dating
                                            back to 1928. None of them has any reference to either "All Is Well"
                                            or "Come, Come Ye Saints."

                                            Author? Metric index? First line of Hymn?

                                            DJ in MT
                                          • Terry Mann
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Oct 20, 2006
                                              Ask someone in Utah. It is a Mormon hymn written by one of the Mormons, who
                                              are called 'the Saints', during the march across the plains to Utah. It was
                                              based upon a pre existing English hymn.

                                              --
                                              In Harmony,

                                              Terry
                                              In A Chord, Tenor
                                              Coachella Valley SandBlasters Chorus
                                              403 Paseo Laredo Sur
                                              Cathedral City, CA 92234
                                              Cell Phone: 760.835.1925; Myrna's: -1924
                                              ThePCmann@...

                                              Land Line: is no more

                                            • musicmanwk
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Dec 25, 2008
                                                My livingroom quartet (that's what it is)
                                                is looking for "A tumbled down shack in athlone"
                                                The "Pitch hikers"sang it in 1959. Maybe by
                                                SK Grundy? Nashville is closed down for a while.
                                                someones' help would be a big help.
                                                download please, to <musicmanwk@...>
                                                Willard Kapes
                                              • Marty Israel
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Dec 25, 2008
                                                  Hi Willard,

                                                  Ed Waesche did an arrangement of this gem. In the early 70s, the Sundowners silver-medaled with their own arrangement, which may have been done by Larry Wright.

                                                  Whole Lotta Harmony won Rising Star singing this, but I don't recall whose arrangement it was.

                                                  I hope this helps.

                                                  Canto ergo sum

                                                  Marty Israel

                                                  To: bbshop@yahoogroups.comFrom: musicmanwk@...: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 19:15:06 +0000Subject: [bbshop] arrangement

                                                  My livingroom quartet (that's what it is)is looking for "A tumbled down shack in athlone"The "Pitch hikers"sang it in 1959. Maybe bySK Grundy? Nashville is closed down for a while.someones' help would be a big help.download please, to <musicmanwk@...>Willard Kapes

                                                • donald myers
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Feb 18 6:43 AM
                                                     Folks....looking for an arrangement of "Monster Mash" anyone know of this arrangement??? Please reply private

                                                    In Harmony

                                                    Don Myers
                                                    MAD Western Division VP
                                                    Keystone Capital Chorus Manager
                                                    Past President Keystone Capital Chorus
                                                    Lead, GENTS NITE OUT Quartet

                                                    717-838-6146(h), 717-821-2782(c)

                                                  • Bob Squires
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Jul 9, 2013
                                                          Does anyone out there have a barbershop arrangement of  "Storybook Ball" they can share?

                                                      Bob Squires