cover quartet?

  • Diane M. Garcia
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 6:03 PM
      Hi all,
      This person found my site and e-mailed me the following question...Since I
      haven't a clue, I figured someone out there would. Please e-mail her back
      directly at MarniEllen @ aol.com (remove spaces) if you have the answer.
      Thanks.

      ------------
      hi, i'm looking for the name of a group. i was listening to them at a
      friends house and they couldn't remember their name. all i really know
      about them is that they have done covers of entire albums for the grateful
      dead and the beatles. i have no experience with barbershop style music but
      my friends said that is how they would be classified so if there's any
      chance you understand this babbling and have a clue as to who i'm thinking
      of could you please send me an e-mail back? thanks.
      -------------

      Cheers!
      Diane
      Webmistress, Cheers!
      http://www.harmonize.ws/cheers
    • Travis Murray
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 6:17 PM
        That would be The Persuasions. They're not barbershop, but a professional a
        cappella/doo-wop quintet that's been around since the sixties. They've also
        done a complete album of Frank Zappa songs. They're still actively touring
        and the word on the street is that they are quite entertaining.

        Travis Murray
        Lead - The Wanderers
        http://www.the-wanderers.com