Exploring the Great Northwest! - Part 3

  • harmonetreporter@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      We spent a few days in the Seattle area. On Friday we headed first to the
      AAA office
      to pick up local city maps, and then tooled around the downtown area,
      heading just south to the
      Sea-Tac airport area to take in the great Museum of Flight sponsored by
      Boeing. It was
      great! Lots of cool planes, exhibits, and history of how flight began
      (going back to our
      North Carolina roots with the Wright Brothers' flights, and on to the
      present). This was a
      great museum for the kids.

      Afterwards we headed back up toward downtown and got lost trying to find a
      specific
      restaurant...the many roads and bridges over the water and the multiple
      levels of highways
      had us baffled for a while, but we enjoyed scooting up and down the steep
      hills in our
      trusty rental. Finally we ended up at a trendy little Italian restaurant
      called Cucina! Cucina!
      back on the Bellevue side, in nearby Kirkland. It was raining off and on,
      but not too bad,
      and we had a nice relaxing rest of the day...we also made reservations for
      a trip to
      Tillicum Village, which included an interesting hour-long boat ride across
      Elliott Bay
      to Blake Island, to take in Native American dinner and dances. But that's
      for tomorrow!

      More later!

      Regards,
      Steve Tremper