Cardinal Contest

  • Todd Hudson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2000
      I want the whole society to know about how good the Cardinal District Contest.

      First the quartets, what do you get when you cross Kenny Hatton and Jay Hawkins? Besides the 3 gold medals! You get something pretty "Sensational". THE SENSATIONS wowed the crowd both nights, topping off there last set with a fantastic arrangement of KALAMAZOO.
      Next came Backstage Johnny, dear to my heart for all are good friends of mine. If they improve the way they have in the last 6 months I could possibly see a international contest in their future.
      What about third you ask. A TIE. Between Heavenly Daze, and Green Street Harmony. I don't want to take anything away from Heavenly Daze because they are one of my favorite district quartets, but I am so proud of Green Street Harmony. They went from last in the district and fourth from last in the society last year to third place in the district. Most Improved Quartet, possibly in the society.

      So there was a pretty good chorus competition too! 93 points separated the top 3 choruses. I cant put in as much detail because I participated, but I can tell you that it hasn't been that close for a while.

      In conclusion, I just want to say , way to go Cardinal District.

      Todd Hudson
      Bass-Baritone, Indiana State University
      Lead - Quorum Barbershop Quartet
      2000 Cardinal District representatives to the MBNA college competition
      Lead - Banks of the Wabash chorus
      Terre Haute IN

    • Todd Hudson