VM Announces Spring Shows April 26-27, 2002".

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 2:22 PM
      A Red, White, and Blue Spring Show

      The patriotic spirit that has swept our country during
      the past several months will be on display April 26 and 27
      at our Spring Shows. "Freedom"s Song," our 2002 Spring
      Show
      title, named after our new recording that will be released
      April 26, promises to invigorate you and make you proud of
      America all over again.

      Several new songs added to the VM repertoire since last
      fall will be featured on our show. These include familiar
      songs such as "The Star-Spangled Banner" and "My Country
      'Tis of Thee." You"ll hear a completely fresh arrangement
      of the contemporary "God Bless the USA" along with a new
      introduction, written by Jim Clancy, highlighting the
      Pledge of Allegiance. The show also includes a rousing
      rendition of the "American Armed Forces Medley" with songs
      from five branches of the U.S. Military, and a piece of
      Americana with the George M. Cohan Medley including
      "The Yankee Doodle Boy," "You"re a Grand Old Flag," and
      "Give My Regards To Broadway." Your heart will be warmed
      as you hear a fabulous new arrangement of "An American
      Hymn"
      and Jim Clancy"s arrangements of "America the Beautiful /
      Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor" and "God Bless America."

      Of course, be prepared to hear (and see) oft-requested
      songs such as "Joshua Fit De Battle of Jericho" and
      "Mardi Gras March," along with the magnificent
      "Somewhere Out There / Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
      medley and our new "Elijah Rock."

      Guest Master of Ceremonies for the Friday show is
      Col. Dennis P. Shingleton, U.S. Army Reserve.
      Our Saturday Master of Ceremonies is Ronald R. Blanck, D.O.,

      General U.S. Army Medical Corps, Surgeon General of
      the U.S. Army (retired) and President of UNT Health Science
      Center, FTW.

      Three performances are scheduled for Friday,
      April 26, at 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 27,
      at 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. All performances are
      at McFarlin Auditorium on the SMU Campus in Dallas.
      Tickets are available through Ticketmaster at 972-647-5700,
      the VM office at 214-526-8686, or, online at
      http://www.ticketmaster.com/cgi/artist2.idc?artistID=804439&MajorCATID=
      10002&MinorCATID=13.

      Please note that SMU now charges $5 per car for parking.