Re: [bbshop] Well Howdy-do and Halleluja!

  • Thomas Arneberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2000
      > Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:43:50 -0000
      >
      > Is this it? Are we here? Did I make it? I wasn't sure of
      > anything after being away for a few days and receiving a=20
      > mysterious unsigned email! Waiting for a sign . . .
      >
      > Happy singing, everybody,
      > Kathy Martin
      > nmbass @ home.net

      I was surprised to see that we kept the "bbshop" list name...I was
      thinking "harmonet" might be better, since that's the term we've all
      been using for lo these many years...

      - Tom A.
      --------------------------------------------+---------------------
      ;-) I'd rather be ____ Thomas R. Arneberg | As of 7/13/2000, my
      :-) singing in a |____| toma@... | son had spent 24% of
      :-) Barbershop _| _| SGI/SN2 ASIC Design | his life in an RV!
      :-) Quartet! (_) (_) Chippewa Falls, WI | http://arneberg.com
      --------------------------------------------+---------------------
    • Thomas Arneberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2000
        > From bsutton@... Mon Aug 14 15:07:52 2000
        > From: "Sutton, Robert" <bsutton@...>
        >
        > Tom - help! How do we get back to "digest" form? I'm inundated at work.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Bob Sutton

        I think you can choose the digest version at this web page:

        http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/bbshop?referer=1

        > From Bill.Kahlke@... Mon Aug 14 15:01:27 2000
        >
        > Hi Tom:
        >
        > I had gone "no-mail" for the last couple of weeks because of my
        > work-load.
        >
        > Can you fill me in on the circumstances surrounding this list change?

        Bill -- I didn't do the switch; I am assuming that David Bowen did and
        will let us know shortly how it's going.

        In the meantime, let's all keep the chatter to a minimum to allow
        inundated subscribers the chance to set their parameters to digest or
        web-only.

        If you're desperate to stop the flood of email, and you don't have
        access to the web right now, then you can unsubscribe by email:

        - Tom A. (bbshop FAQs home page: http://arneberg.com/harmonet)
        -------------------------------------------+----------------------------
        ;-) I'd rather be ____ Thomas Arneberg | http://arneberg.com/chips
        :-) singing in a |____| toma@... | Baritone, "CHIPS" quartet
        :-) Barbershop _| _| SGI/Cray Research | Former chapters: St. Paul,
        :-) Quartet! (_) (_) Chippewa Falls, WI | Denver, W.Portland, Hilltop
        -------------------------------------------+----------------------------
      • Bob Caldwell
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2000
          --- Thomas Arneberg <toma@...> wrote:

          > I was surprised to see that we kept the "bbshop" list name...I was
          > thinking "harmonet" might be better, since that's the term we've
          > all been using for lo these many years...

          My first thoughts, too, Tom.

          =====
          Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell@... 0{\\ \\ \\]
          Newsletter Editor (The Old Woodshed)
          CITY SLICKERS ~ M-AD So Div Quartet Champs 1997/98/99/2000
          3rd M-AD District 1999
          5th M-AD International Prelims 2000
          The VIRGINIANS ~ M-AD 2000 Chorus Champs, 17th in KC 2000
          "There's a fine line between hobby and mental illness." ~Dave Barry

          Yahoo! Mail � Free email you can access from anywhere!
          http://mail.yahoo.com/