Contest..............again?

  • Ehink557@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2000
      On behalf of all the soon to be competitors in Fall district
      competition may I offer these words.........or maybe afterthoughts

      Would that I could best the battlers waiting in the line
      As they come together standing strong and bold,
      And test the many players with the able and the fine
      That would reach beyond capacities for gold.

      But through elimination of the stalwart and the weak
      Would I feign examination of my wares,
      Is it possible to stand in recognition of the meek
      Through all the cold admonishing and stares.

      Until the last combatant has resolved his final try
      Giving all that it is possible to give,
      The judging may consider all the effort he may ply
      With rewards to laud as long as he may live.

      I stood before the panel with a lump up in my throat
      As I sought within my mind the things rehearsed,
      My fondest aspiration was to get a favoring vote
      With determination we had finished first.

      Bari.......ng up under the strain,

      Ed Hinkley
      Sarasota, Florida
      Asst. Director