Playlist for The "APPLAUSE" Show 2/28/02

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi there netters,

      Wow, what a night at WVRM with T.J.Barranger, Rich Pearson and myself on the
      air with The "APPLAUSE" Show airing for 4 1/2 hours..... 4 new listeners, 17
      emails, and even Tom Carrol calling in from Georgia....you can't get any
      better than that.

      As most of you already know the barbershop world lost a great man this week
      with the passing of Hal Purdy, member of the Livingston Dapper Dans of
      Harmony for many years, host of Purdy's Corral and consumate giver to the
      world of barbershop harmony.

      The APPLAUSE TEAM is planning a tribute night to Hal either on 3/7 or 3/14
      and we need your help. We expect to invite his daughter Mary Jo to be with
      us.... we hope to have the tape of an interview (albeit short) that I did at
      Bolton Landing in 2000, and other special things for you that night.

      We need quartets and choruses (representatives) to email us with their
      stories about Hal and their relationship with him or experiences at Purdy's
      Corral, or personal stories about their times with Hal. If your quartet has
      a special recorded song that you would like us to play during the tribute
      show, send the title along with your email. If we have your CD in our
      library, we will certainly play the song.

      No matter what the occasions, your "Hal" story will be welcomed. We are sure
      that the tribute will be a very VERY special part of the evening's
      activities.

      Well, here goes, the songs , some 70 of them, played for your listening
      pleasure on the 28th of February:

      The Vocal Majority I'm the Music Man
      Sierra Chord Express When There's Love At Home
      Ambassadors of Harmony Through The Years
      Vox One Somewhere Over The Rainbow
      Fresno Gold Note Chorus When Day Is Done
      Philharmonix Puttin On The Ritz
      Philharmonix Soon It's Gonna Rain
      Middlebury College Dissipated Eight Windmills
      Utah State That One Rainbow Connection
      Ambiance Friends
      Gotcha Drifting
      Dapper Dans of Disney World When I See An Elephant
      Jazz 'm Jam Giorno D'inverno
      Measure by Measure I have a Plan
      Singers Unlimited You Are The Sunshine of my life
      Acappella Gold Renaissance Woman
      Change of Heart Good Enough For Now
      BSQ The Cop On The Beat, The Man In
      The Moon...
      and me
      Reprise The Railraod Song
      The Real Group Commonly One Ave
      Four Shadow If
      Five O'Clock Shadow Mine Tonight
      The Ritz When I Grow Too Old To Dream
      Dealer's Choice If You Could Read MY Mind...
      Saturday Evening Post Give Me A Barbershop
      Heralds of Harmony Love Letters
      The Doo Wop Shop Chantilly Lace
      Persuasions Looking For An Echo
      Morman Tabernacle Choir Somewhere
      King's Singers Theme From Mahogany
      Chordettes I Believe
      The Buffalo Bills Your Eyes Have Told Me So
      Blue Champagne Fit As A Fiddle
      Gem City Chorus Second Hand Man
      Sounds of Acchord Lida Rose/ Dream of Love
      Schroedingers Cat Jumpin On Line
      Toxic Audio Take a Chance On Me/Dancin Queen
      Medley
      Dealer's Choice Mr. Piano Man
      Voices of Liberty Folk Medley
      Metropolis Sing Sing Sing
      Cracker Jills My Coloring Book
      Tonic Solfa Oklahoma Wind
      Management I've Got The World On A String
      Vocal Majority Meditation/Quiet Nights & Quiet
      Stars
      Acoustix Graduation Day/ Blue World
      Idea of the North You've Got What It Takes
      Michigan Jake All The Pretty Horses
      Masters of Harmony Make Our Garden Grow
      Western Wind Ensemble Mood Indigo
      Ball In The House Scared
      Ramapo Valley Spotlight Chorus Ragtime Medley
      Suntones Emaline
      Suntones Irving Berlin
      Hampton Avenue In A Mellow Tone
      Hampton Avenue Fixin A Hole
      Acoustix This Is The Moment
      Uptown Sound My Father, My Friend, My Pal
      RichTones Chorus Opus One/Stompin at the Ritz
      Manhattan Transfer My Cat Fell In The Well
      Sidewinders Fukk Time Job
      Four Renegades Nellie
      Four Renegades Old Folks
      Auto Towners In My Brand New Automobile
      Boyz Nite Out When I Look In Your Eyes
      Street Corner Harmony Good Old A Cappella
      No Refund For The Longest Time
      Middlesex School A Cappella Coming Around Again
      Power Play I Miss Mother Most of All
      Riptide Chordbuster's March/It's A
      Brand New Day
      Ambassadors of Harmony Applause
      Naturally Seven Bless This House

      Well there it is , another edition of The "APPLAUSE" Show. We thank you all
      for listening and, KEEP THOSE EMAILS AND CALLS COMING IN! We love hearing
      from you. Remember the Hal Purdy songs and statements... Thanks
      (Emails should go to applause@...

      The "APPLAUSE" Show Team
      Rich Taylor, Host
      Rich Pearson, On-Air Personality,T.J.Barranger, Engineer
      Broadcasting every Thursday Night 6:30PM-11:00PM
      On WVRM, 1620AM, Montclair, New Jersey
      On the Internet at www.villageradio.com,
      emails us at: applause@...
      Winner of the 2000 International P.R.O.B.E. Award of Excellence
      Winner of the 1999 Mid Atlantic District P/R Award of Excellence