Biggest Upset in Contest History

  • fullvoicetenor
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 6, 2002
      Hi everyone--
      This weekend was full of upsets in college basketball (including my
      beloved Kentucky Wildcats!). Anyway, it led me to wonder about upsets
      in quartet contest history. Are there any unexpected gold medal
      winners that really stand out?
      Shane
      Addicted to bbshop and bball
    • bearwest
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 10, 2006
        It’s a sad day when the Lords of Lock and Ring have to hang
        it up. What a ride they had, and what a huge fan base they
        developed.
        I waited almost 30 years to hear another quartet as sweet
        sounding as the Sidewinders to appear on our Barbershop
        radar…and was happily surprised when I first heard the
        Ripsters at the Anaheim Convention…was an instant fan.

        I also felt they won the Gold on at least two occasions…but
        then there’s that personal taste issue.

        Fine gentlemen all…makes me reconsider Denver now, as
        Riptide was the main attraction for me.

        Good luck guys..and here’s hoping they you all find your way
        back into another wonderful quartet…I’ll keep playing your
        CD for as long as I’m on this ball.

        A fan forever,
        bear
        Bear