Re: [bbshop] SIGNATURES & Netiquette

  • Derick Sturke
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Gents:

      This rookie, for one, cannot wait until I have Grady's accomplishments to
      proudly display. But I can see how it can become combersome leafing through
      past notes.

      Basic Netiquette on discussion boards is to take a moment to edit out all
      non-essential information on the original message. Of course leaving in the
      question or point responded to.

      > Sometimes when someone
      > replies to a message, if I happen to receive there reply before I get to
      > read the original message I have to scroll down through all the signature
      > stuff before I can get to the point that the person replied to.

      See how that works? I have left in only the part of Thomas' message essential
      to the point. Let's all resolve to clean up our postings in 2002.

      In Harmony,

      Derick Sturke
      Rookie of the Year 2001
      (many more to come!)
    • georgejoslyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        Heck, I'm more offended by the ADVERTISING foisted upon us by those
        folks with the infinite wisdom at Yahoo, rather than by someone's sig
        line, but someone has to pay the freight.

        Graham, you need to get a life.....

        Grady has done an incredible amount of work to promote our hobby. He
        can toot his horn as much as he wants, IMO....

        George Joslyn
        Atlanta, GA
        A much abbreviated sig line....fer shure.