Re: [bbshop] Portland chorus line up

  • Ehink557@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2001
      In a message dated 10/31/01 9:48:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      jwmartin@... writes:

      << Certainly a different kind of lineup for the Portland Contest. With the
      overall scoring being a tad lower than in previous years, it seems that some
      of the high ranking choruses of the past are taking a back seat to some of
      the smaller choruses. Look who is in first place "The Toronto Lights" chorus

      Did you ever stop to think..........."hey Joe sing this, la la la la,"

      Or......"hey Joe and Harry and Jack and Bill and Cliff and Walt etc"

      Must get harder as time goes on. Especially for the director whose job it is
      to bring a wonderful musical experience with him every week. Hard isn`t the
      word for it. Near impossible is more likely. I have directed my chorus (120)
      (200 in finale) in a show and that`s fun. I am currently directing a chorus
      of 25 and that`s FUN!! Seems like a lot more dedication with the smaller
      group.

      Ed Hinkley