Oh! How I Miss Her by Ed Berg

  • markrusch2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2013
      Hi All,

      This a follow-up to Roger Olson’s post about the song Oh! How I Miss Her, a song written by Ed Berg.

      Ed was an industrial arts teacher at Washington HS in Milwaukee, the high school I went to in the early 50’s. There was a boy’s barbershop group that met after school. He and the choral director helped us learn the notes and the style. During that time, I got into a quartet that stayed together for a number years and friends forever. The bari and I, the tenor, are still around and stay in touch. Ed got us to the Milwaukee chapter meetings a few times. During the summers, we picnicked with the chapter and sang on a show or two with them.

      He wrote a number of songs, some during the time I was in high school. He would ask me to check his spots, as he put it, as he could play just enough piano to be able to work out the song and the arrangement. He couldn’t play what had written up to tempo. That was my job. He wrote another song called Roguish Eyes that was popular at that time. I still have a copy of it in my files. It had a bum, bum, bum, bum bass vamp that was so popular then.

      Oh! How I Miss Her was apparently written after I was gone from the school and Milwaukee. Thanks for noting Ed in your post.

      Mark Rusch