Re: [bbshop] Re: Looking for an old comedy song

  • Dick Johnson
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 23, 2013
      "My recollection is that it’s a parody of “Last Night On The Back Porch"”

      -0-|
      - - - - - -
      Not. Got Nashville doing the search. As I said earlier, my Qtet
      "The Chord Huskers" got the chart from Kenosha (or in one of
      the HarmoniZer 'freebies') well over 40 years ago!

      Dick Johnson
      Great Falls, MT

      > My recollection is that it’s a parody of “Last Night On The Back Porch”
      > except that’s not the title, just one of the lines.

      Worth looking into. Thanks.

    • rogeroregor
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 24, 2013
        AHA! I was just sorting through a pile of old sheet music given to me by dear old friend and RMD legend Fred Wiese, and came upon "Oh! How I Miss Her", as published by the Society in 1958, stock no. MI-J-4. Music and arrangement by Ed Berg; lyrics, anonymous.

        The cover page has the following note:

        "A 'quickie' by Ed Berg of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Chapter S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. with a surprise ending. Ideal for quartets and choruses looking for a short comedy encore or to give a chuckle in medley with other songs."

        Now you know the rest of the story.

        Roger Olson
        Tenor, CrossWise

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Dick Johnson <chordhuskerdick@...> wrote:

        > "My recollection is that itÂ's a parody of Â"Last Night On The Back Porch"Â"
        >
        > -0-|
        > - - - - - -
        > Not. Got Nashville doing the search. As I said earlier, my Qtet
        > "The Chord Huskers" got the chart from Kenosha (or in one of
        > the HarmoniZer 'freebies') well over 40 years ago!
        >

        > Dick Johnson
        > Great Falls, MT

      • David
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 25, 2013
          OK, Roger, don't keep us in suspense here! What was the exact "punch line" of this song that Ed Berg tossed off (sorry about that!)? Was it the that one several of us remembered ("No matter what I throw at her ...") or something else?

          BTW: Congrats on finding it!
          Dave Garstang

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "rogeroregor" <rogero65@...> wrote:

          > AHA! I was just sorting through a pile of old sheet music given to me by dear old friend and RMD legend Fred Wiese, and came upon "Oh! How I Miss Her", as published by the Society in 1958, stock no. MI-J-4. Music and arrangement by Ed Berg; lyrics, anonymous.
          >
          > The cover page has the following note:
          >
          > "A 'quickie' by Ed Berg of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Chapter S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. with a surprise ending. Ideal for quartets and choruses looking for a short comedy encore or to give a chuckle in medley with other songs."
          >
          > Now you know the rest of the story.
          >
          > Roger Olson
          > Tenor, CrossWise
          >
          > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Dick Johnson <chordhuskerdick@> wrote:
          > >
          > > "My recollection is that itÂ's a parody of Â"Last Night On The Back Porch"Â"
          > >
          > > -0-|
          > > - - - - - -
          > > Not. Got Nashville doing the search. As I said earlier, my Qtet
          > > "The Chord Huskers" got the chart from Kenosha (or in one of
          > > the HarmoniZer 'freebies') well over 40 years ago!
          > >

          > > Dick Johnson
          > > Great Falls, MT

        • ROGER OLSON
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 26, 2013
            Hi Dave,

            The punch line was indeed, "... no matter what I throw at her I miss her all the time."

            Roger

            Re: Looking for an old comedy song - FOUND IT!
            Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:50 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "David" garsinger OK, Roger, don't keep us in suspense here! What was the exact "punch line" of this song that Ed Berg tossed off (sorry about that!)? Was it the that one several of us remembered ("No matter what I throw at her ...") or something else?