Re: [bbshop] Moon and/or Star Song Suggestions

  • Roberta Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 16, 2013
      Moonlight in Vermont

      Roberta
      Roberta Smith
      (908) 419-8860

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 16, 2013, at 11:19 AM, "Jeremy Reynolds" <bbs10rfl@...> wrote:

      > There was one called, I think: Lost in the Stars. There was one about a
      > little lost star. I can't remember its name. I believe Happiness Emporium
      > did it.
      >

      > Then there's Wish on a Star. That's the one Bing Crosby did with the
      > Andrews Sisters.
      >

      > I just looked in the Harmony Marketplace. I searched for Moon and got:
      >

      > Moon Has His Eyes On You
      >
      > Moon Medley
      >
      > Moon River
      >
      > Moon Love
      >
      > Moonglow
      >
      > Moonlight and Roses
      >
      > Moonlight Becomes You
      >
      > Moonlight Medley
      >
      > Moonlight Serenade
      >
      > Moonshine Lulaby
      >
      > Paper Moon
      >
      > If All the Moons Were Honeymoons
      >
      > Get Out and Get Under the Moon
      >
      > Wabash Moon
      >
      > I See the Moon
      >
      > When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain
      >
      > Fly Me to the Moon
      >
      > Destination Moon
      >
      > Blue Moon
      >
      > Blue Moon of Kentucky
      >
      > Musical Moon
      >
      > Carolina Moon
      >
      > Swanee River Moon
      >
      > The Cop on the Beat, the Man in the Moon, and Me
      >
      > How High the Moon
      >
      > Mississippi Moon
      >
      > When the Man in the Moon Says Hello
      >
      > Don't Let the Moon Get Away
      >
      > Give Me the Moonlight Give Me the Girl
      >
      > That Feeling in the Moonlight
      >
      > In the Evening by the Moonlight
      >

      > Is that enouth?
      >

      > Jeremy Reynolds
      >
      > Tenor, HarmoniX

    • Dick Parker
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 16, 2013
        You could try "This Is The Story Of A Starry Night." The melody is taken from The Symphony No. 6 in B minor, Op. 74, Pathétique and is Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's final completed symphony. I think there is a barbershop arrangement of it.

        Harmmmoniously,
        Dick

        Show me something more beautiful than a beautiful girl, and then I'll go paint it." Alberto Vargas

        ________________________________
        > There was one called, I think: Lost in the Stars. There was one about a
        > little lost star. I can't remember its name. I believe Happiness Emporium
        > did it.
        >

        > Then there's Wish on a Star. That's the one Bing Crosby did with the
        > Andrews Sisters.
        >

        > I just looked in the Harmony Marketplace. I searched for Moon and got:
        >

        > Moon Has His Eyes On You
        >
        > Moon Medley
        >
        > Moon River
        >
        > Moon Love
        >
        > Moonglow
        >
        > Moonlight and Roses
        >
        > Moonlight Becomes You
        >
        > Moonlight Medley
        >
        > Moonlight Serenade
        >
        > Moonshine Lulaby
        >
        > Paper Moon
        >
        > If All the Moons Were Honeymoons
        >
        > Get Out and Get Under the Moon
        >
        > Wabash Moon
        >
        > I See the Moon
        >
        > When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain
        >
        > Fly Me to the Moon
        >
        > Destination Moon
        >
        > Blue Moon
        >
        > Blue Moon of Kentucky
        >
        > Musical Moon
        >
        > Carolina Moon
        >
        > Swanee River Moon
        >
        > The Cop on the Beat, the Man in the Moon, and Me
        >
        > How High the Moon
        >
        > Mississippi Moon
        >
        > When the Man in the Moon Says Hello
        >
        > Don't Let the Moon Get Away
        >
        > Give Me the Moonlight Give Me the Girl
        >
        > That Feeling in the Moonlight
        >
        > In the Evening by the Moonlight
        >

        > Is that enouth?
        >

        > Jeremy Reynolds
        >
        > Tenor, HarmoniX

      • David Brooks
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 16, 2013
          Just think how many songs mention the moon - the very word is onomatapoeic for all it suggests...

          My foolish heart ("how white the ever constant moon")
          Last night was the end of the world ("we were alone in the moonlight / last night the stars were all aglow")
          When I leave the world behind ("I've give the moon above to those in love")
          Put your arms around me honey ("night time am a-fallin', ev'rything is still and the moon am a-shinin' from above")

          that's just for starters!

          David Brooks

        • Linda Noble
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
            Hello Dick,

            This is one of my absolute favorite classical pieces! Do you know if there is a recorded version of this out there?

            -Linda Noble

            Tenor, Harmony Heritage chapter of Harmony, Inc.

            Associate Member, BHS

            Member, BQPA

            Daughter of Tom and June Noble

            > There was one called, I think: Lost in the Stars. There was one about a
            > little lost star. I can't remember its name. I believe Happiness Emporium
            > did it.
            >

            > Then there's Wish on a Star. That's the one Bing Crosby did with the
            > Andrews Sisters.
            >

            > I just looked in the Harmony Marketplace. I searched for Moon and got:
            >

            > Moon Has His Eyes On You
            >
            > Moon Medley
            >
            > Moon River
            >
            > Moon Love
            >
            > Moonglow
            >
            > Moonlight and Roses
            >
            > Moonlight Becomes You
            >
            > Moonlight Medley
            >
            > Moonlight Serenade
            >
            > Moonshine Lulaby
            >
            > Paper Moon
            >
            > If All the Moons Were Honeymoons
            >
            > Get Out and Get Under the Moon
            >
            > Wabash Moon
            >
            > I See the Moon
            >
            > When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain
            >
            > Fly Me to the Moon
            >
            > Destination Moon
            >
            > Blue Moon
            >
            > Blue Moon of Kentucky
            >
            > Musical Moon
            >
            > Carolina Moon
            >
            > Swanee River Moon
            >
            > The Cop on the Beat, the Man in the Moon, and Me
            >
            > How High the Moon
            >
            > Mississippi Moon
            >
            > When the Man in the Moon Says Hello
            >
            > Don't Let the Moon Get Away
            >
            > Give Me the Moonlight Give Me the Girl
            >
            > That Feeling in the Moonlight
            >
            > In the Evening by the Moonlight
            >

            > Is that enouth?
            >

            > Jeremy Reynolds
            >
            > Tenor, HarmoniX

          • David Harrington
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
              Hi Doug!

              My arrangement of "Swinging On A Star", as sung by Storm Front (2010 BHS quartet champions), may work for your need. This link will take you to the page on my site. Then, scroll down: http://www.studiodh.com/Site/For_Men_S.html

              Hope this helps!

              David Harrington
              www.studioDH.com
              lead, Second Edition
              1989 BHS quartet champions

              On Jul 16, 2013, at 1:02 AM, Doug Salyers wrote:

              > Beyond the normal "By the Light of the Silvery Moon" or "Shine On Harvest
              > Moon", do you folks have suggestions for songs related to the Moon or Stars?
              >
              > I have a small group of 10 guys all Non-Barbershoppers (except for me) who
              > want to try a challenging BBS song. The concert will be in the fall and
              > the theme is Moon and Stars.
              >
              > Thanks in advance....
              >
              > Doug Salyers
              > *
              > *

            • Paul Girard
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 18, 2013
                Lost In The Stars (catalog #8821) - about a little lost star - is a moving piece�

                �and the back story is even more moving.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_In_The_Stars

                Paul

                On Jul 18, 2013, at 12:36 AM, bbshop@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                > On Jul 16, 2013, at 11:19 AM, "Jeremy Reynolds" <bbs10rfl@... <mailto:bbs10rfl%40gmail.com> > wrote:
                >
                > > There was one called, I think: Lost in the Stars. There was one about a
                > > little lost star. I can't remember its name. I believe Happiness Emporium
                > > did it.

              • Bill Kruse
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 18, 2013
                  Years ago I heard a song done by "The Four Mosts" SA quartet, 1963 Regional Champs - "The Man In The Moon Is A Lady".  Cleaver little novelty number.

                  Bill Kruse - 53 Year Member Barbershop Harmony Society - S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A., Inc.
                  Westchester Chordsmen / The Alliance / Freshmen Again! / Capt'n Billy's Whizbang
                   Music & Performance VP/ Chapter Counselor MAD

                  ________________________________

                  http://www.studiodh.com/
                  lead, Second Edition
                  1989 BHS quartet champions

                  On Jul 16, 2013, at 1:02 AM, Doug Salyers wrote:

                  > Beyond the normal "By the Light of the Silvery Moon" or "Shine On Harvest
                  > Moon", do you folks have suggestions for songs related to the Moon or Stars?
                  >
                  > I have a small group of 10 guys all Non-Barbershoppers (except for me) who
                  > want to try a challenging BBS song. The concert will be in the fall and
                  > the theme is Moon and Stars.
                  >
                  > Thanks in advance....
                  >
                  > Doug Salyers
                  > *
                  > *

                • junebug10917
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 19, 2013
                    How about Mark Hale's "How High The Moon?"