Re: Pitchpipe Holders

  • Joseph Martin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13 10:24 PM
      Everyone,

      I am new to Harmonet and it is obvious that I don't know how to use it.  I am just now figuring out how to access the replies.  Sorry!!!

      Anyway,

       My name is Joe Martin.  I have been a BHS member since 1965.  I have been providing these to the "Society" for around 25 years.  You can Email, fax or call me.  My fax number is 757 484 5872  ( I may have provided the wrong fax number in an earlier version of this message that is floating around somewhere in cyberspace.  This is the correct number) cell: 757 438 6300, Email joemar10 @ cox.net.  no payment upfront.  Send me the payment when you are satisfied I am not trying to rip you off.  I trust barbershoppers.

    • SlickerLeadQ
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 15 12:43 PM
        I highly recommend Joe Martin's pitch pipe holders.
        They are of the BEST quality.
        Get one now or wish you had before they are gone!!!

        Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell @ email . com

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Martin <fourkau@...> wrote:

        > Everyone,
        >
        > I am new to Harmonet and it is obvious that I don't know how to use it.  I am just now figuring out how to access the replies.  Sorry!!!
        >
        > Anyway,
        >
        >  My name is Joe Martin.  I have been a BHS member since 1965.  I have been providing these to the "Society" for around 25 years.  You can Email, fax or call me.  My fax number is 757 484 5872  ( I may have provided the wrong fax number in an earlier version of this message that is floating around somewhere in cyberspace.  This is the correct number) cell: 757 438 6300, Email joemar10 @ cox.net.  no payment upfront.  Send me the payment when you are satisfied I am not trying to rip you off.  I trust barbershoppers.
      • Bill Byrd
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 15 4:04 PM
          I highly agree with that recommendation.
          I own two (currently, I have had several "borrowed" by close friends)
          Bill Byrd

          On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM, SlickerLeadQ <BobCaldwell@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I highly recommend Joe Martin's pitch pipe holders.
          > They are of the BEST quality.
          > Get one now or wish you had before they are gone!!!
          >
          > Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell @ email . com
          >

          > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Martin <fourkau@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Everyone,
          > >
          > > I am new to Harmonet and it is obvious that I don't know how to use it.
          > I am just now figuring out how to access the replies. Sorry!!!
          > >
          > > Anyway,
          > >
          > > My name is Joe Martin. I have been a BHS member since 1965. I have
          > been providing these to the "Society" for around 25 years. You can Email,
          > fax or call me. My fax number is 757 484 5872 ( I may have provided the
          > wrong fax number in an earlier version of this message that is floating
          > around somewhere in cyberspace. This is the correct number) cell: 757
          > 438 6300, Email joemar10 @ cox.net. no payment upfront. Send me the
          > payment when you are satisfied I am not trying to rip you off. I trust
          > barbershoppers.

        • Joseph Martin
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 16 7:44 PM
                I appreciate all the positive input about my pitchpipe holders and everyone who wants to order one.  I am going to answer all of the questions that I have received about them in this message, so everyone will be on the same page.

                I just stumbled onto selling these to, at the time, S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A Inc.  I was selling a (my invention and a whole 'nother story) tag singers pitchpipe strap at Harmony College.  Someone told me that Don Gray had seen the item and liked it, so I gave him one.  He then told me to come to the faculty area that night, he wanted to introduce me to someone.  It was Frank Santorelli, who was heading up the harmony marketplace.  Frank gave me one of the old cumbersome badge shaped pitchpipe holders and asked me if I could make them.  I said yes, really not knowing if I could or not.  In looking at it , I came up with the current design, complete with the hole in the bottom to push the pitchpipe out.  They were a hit.  This is not my job in real life, so I just sold them to the BHS.  I sold a few to friends who knew that I had them.  I was once approached by one of the companies who sells acapella CD's etc. and turned them down.  I didn't
            want for the BHS to have to compete with them.

                Since this is really not a business for me, I am not equipped to ship them overseas or take paypal.  Sorry.  Also, manufacturing them in colors and maintaining good quality would be very expensive.  I made one blue one for my wife, but that was one of a kind.  Today I picked up a bunch of bubble wrap envelopes and hope to start shipping tomorrow.  My real job is getting in the way.  I am self employed and my boss is a jerk.

                If you want one, let me know.  I still have plenty, and could conceivably make more, but that is not the plan at the moment.

                I am still not Harmonet savvy, so if this is not the way to reach everyone who is interested, please tell me how I should do it.

            Joe Martin
            3424 Miars Farm Circle
            Chesapeake, VA 23321
            cell: 757 438 6300
            fax: 757 484 5872

          • Donna Whitehouse
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 17 7:03 AM
              Joseph,

              Thank you for that detailed reply to the group. I do have one question,
              having not seen the holders myself - are they for the simple round
              pitch-pipes, or the version where each pitch has a 'blower'.

              > Since this is really not a business for me, I am not equipped to ship
              > them overseas or take paypal.

              Is there any other member of the harmonet who would be willing to purchase
              for us 'furrners' and send on (obviously on receipt of paypal payment
              first)?

              Thanks,

              Donna

              --
              "Some days there won�t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." Emory Austin

            • Joseph Martin
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 17 3:49 PM
                Donna,

                    Sorry, they only fit the "traditional" F-F or C-C pitchpipes.

                Joe

                ________________________________
                Thank you for that detailed reply to the group. I do have one question, having not seen the holders myself - are they for the simple round pitch-pipes, or the version where each pitch has a 'blower'.

                >    Since this is really not a business for me, I am not equipped to ship them overseas or take paypal.
                Is there any other member of the harmonet who would be willing to purchase for us 'furrners' and send on (obviously on receipt of paypal payment first)?

                Thanks,

                Donna

                --

                "Some days there won’t be a song in your heart.  Sing anyway." Emory Austin

              • Keith Hopkins
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 17 6:09 PM
                  I have a Paypal account, and I'd be happy to help
                  any friendly aliens by shipping outside the U.S..

                  Keith Hopkins -- keith.hopkins@...
                  Lakeland, FL, USA

                  Wed, Jul 17, Donna Whitehouse <leahdon26@...> wrote:
                  [snipi]
                  > Is there any other member of the harmonet who would
                  > be willing to purchase for us 'furrners' and send on
                  > (obviously on receipt of paypal payment first)?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Donna

                  ###
                • Steve McCullough
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 17 6:52 PM
                    The pipes with individual blowers are called Tombos. My chorus orders them from Japan. They have a very clean sound on all notes. But saddly, they don't fit the hip holders.

                    Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 17 6:58 PM
                      Keith,

                          That is awesome of you to offer.  It's getting kind of complicated for my small brain to absorb right now.  I don't know how the logistics would work.  I have to think about it some.  Shipping costs may be prohibitive, even though they weigh probably two ounces.  I haven't even mailed any of the stateside ones yet, and it will probably be the weekend before I get to it.  I wasn't kidding about my real job.  I have been working at least 10 hour days since I got back from Toronto.  Haven't even done any singing in that time.  Completely unsatisfactory.

                      Joe

                      ________________________________
                      I have a Paypal account, and I'd be happy to help
                      any friendly aliens by shipping outside the U.S..

                      Keith Hopkins -- keith.hopkins@...
                      Lakeland, FL, USA

                      Wed, Jul 17, Donna Whitehouse <leahdon26@...> wrote:
                      [snipi]
                      > Is there any other member of the harmonet who would
                      > be willing to purchase for us 'furrners' and send on
                      > (obviously on receipt of paypal payment first)?
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Donna

                      ###

                    • Bill Rohlin
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 18 6:40 AM
                        I've been using a Tombo bought from Pana (
                        https://www.panamusica.co.jp/en/product/genre/6,106/ for several years. I
                        have applied a cell phone belt clip and made other modifications. If
                        interested, E me and I'll send pics. Be aware, the notes progress
                        counter-clockwise whereas the Kratt (hockey puck with holes) is clockwise.
                        Also it's E to E and identified in #s (A# instead of Bb) I applied my own
                        markings.
                        The good news-we now use two pipes for the chorus and my old pipe
                        matches the new one every time. That seldom ever happened in the past -
                        even with two brand new pipes.

                        --
                        Bill Rohlin,
                        Bass with the Chorus of the Genesee