RE: [bbshop] 2014 International ticket price breakdown?

  • Linda Noble
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11 2:40 AM
      Hi David,

      1. An Associate is a female member of the BHS; typically members of
      Harmony, Inc. or Sweet Adelines, Inc. or they may be directing a men's
      chorus

      2. No, there are no discounts for spouses although there is a "Family
      Pack" of tickets you can get

      3. Yes, the price goes up over time; the "Early Bird" prices were for
      those who purchased tickets before a certain date; I am not sure of the
      exact dates, but they are posted when the new information for the next
      convention goes up on the Barbershop.org website

      Before the actual event, the pricing is listed on the website where you
      don't have to drill down so far. If you are looking now at information for
      the just-passed Toronto convention, you would have to drill all the way down
      to individual ticket sales to get prices; It's not that way when the
      convention information is initially listed.

      Hope this helps you out!

      Best,

      Linda Noble

      Harmony, Inc.; Harmony Heritage chapter, Pawtucket, RI

      Associate Member, BHS

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11 3:45 AM
        David,

        An associate can be any women that wants to be affiliated with the society in any way... Many of the guys wives are associates. All of the women directors must be associates in order for the group to compete.

        The family pack consists of 2 adult and 2 student registrations, and is usually priced to save you the cost of 1 student registration overall. The pre-January price was $499 this year.

        The pricing goes up after January 15, usually about $30 a registration. Adult registrations started out at $189, student at $99. They went up to $229 / $119 after 1/15.

        Bruce Checca
        Tavernier, FL

        On Jul 11, 2013, at 5:40 AM, "Linda Noble" <lionemom@...> wrote:

        > Hi David,

        > 1. An Associate is a female member of the BHS; typically members of
        > Harmony, Inc. or Sweet Adelines, Inc. or they may be directing a men's
        > chorus
        >
        > 2. No, there are no discounts for spouses although there is a "Family
        > Pack" of tickets you can get
        >
        > 3. Yes, the price goes up over time; the "Early Bird" prices were for
        > those who purchased tickets before a certain date; I am not sure of the
        > exact dates, but they are posted when the new information for the next
        > convention goes up on the Barbershop.org website
        >
        > Before the actual event, the pricing is listed on the website where you
        > don't have to drill down so far. If you are looking now at information for
        > the just-passed Toronto convention, you would have to drill all the way down
        > to individual ticket sales to get prices; It's not that way when the
        > convention information is initially listed.
        >
        > Hope this helps you out!
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Linda Noble
        >
        > Harmony, Inc.; Harmony Heritage chapter, Pawtucket, RI
        >
        > Associate Member, BHS

      • themcalexanders
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11 11:39 AM
          Unless it's changed since last year, each member can buy two tickets at the member price. So although there's not specifically a "spousal discount," this provides the member with a second ticket at the member price that can be used for a spouse or other guest.

          Here's the information about BHS Associates that provides a little more explanation about the program:
          http://barbershop.org/become-a-member/associate-barbershoppers.html

          Early bird pricing usually ends sometime in January.

          Hope this helps!

          Ann McAlexander
          BHS wife, mom, and Associate
          SAI and HI member