Eugene, OR Cascade Chorus seeks front-line Director

  • danwolfe99
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2013
      The Eugene Cascade Chorus is seeking a front-line director. Established in 1946, we are a performing chorus based in Eugene, Oregon specializing in the Barbershop sound. We are members of the Evergreen District of the Barbershop Harmony Society. We strive for musical excellence, while retaining a sense of fellowship and fun. The chorus has a rich history in the Eugene/Springfield area, and continues to be one of the finest singing groups in Oregon. The chapter has 40 to 50 members participating at weekly meetings. We compete in Division/District Contests and we produce a fall and Christmas show every year. When invited, we also perform at various locations throughout the state.

      The candidate for this position must demonstrate proficiency in teaching, coaching, and inspiring a high level of performance of the Barbershop style. We offer the director additional training packages to enhance their skill sets.

      We have in place a functioning music team, including directing assistants, and section leaders to assist in the administrative and artistic development of the chorus. The full support of the Chapter Board of Directors is pledged. Reasonable commitment to permanently reside in the community is required.

      We are a non-profit/charitable organization and offer a negotiable stipend based on the frequency of rehearsals and performances.
      Please send your letter of interest and resume to Marty Anderson (Music VP), or Roy Richardson (President) @ Cascade Chorus, PO Box 70111, Springfield, OR 97475.

      Email to: manderson57@... or roycpp@...