Passing of Dixie Member David Collins

  • Ronald Weaver
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2013
      One of the best things about singing Barbershop is...the people. I'm sad to say there is a passing of one of the finest men I've ever sang with. That is Dave Collins. He is one of the finest men I've ever met. His passion for barbershop matches few others. I'm sure someone will post the details.
      For those of you who know someone like Dave? Take a moment, sing a tag, and let them know how much you appreciate them.
      Who knows?
      Ron W

    • Ev Nau
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2013
        This is very sad news, indeed. David was a great guy who would do anything
        to promote barbershopping out of the Chattanooga area. He also managed for
        a few times to compete with Nashville at International. While never a
        well-known household name, David Collins was the kind of man we all need to
        be, and took a great deal of pride in his membership. Another giant gone.

        RIP, my friend.

        Ev Nau