Re: Live wire - Crystal Meth ref!

  • Jim and Holly
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2013
      I must be getting old or have I misunderstood? There appears to be a
      reference to drugs in the latest issue of Livewire. If it is, is that
      literal reference appropriate? I think I understand the analogy, i have
      written something similar, however to mention the drug, not sure....

      This may be a misunderstanding on my part not being a local.

      Jim Catt
      Director of Music
      Sydney Vocal Project
      www.sydneyvocalproject.com
      mobile

    • Mark Schuldenfrei
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2013
        On 5/2/2013 7:00 PM, Jim and Holly wrote:
        > I must be getting old or have I misunderstood? There appears to be a
        > reference to drugs in the latest issue of Livewire.

        Not everyone shares the same sense of humor, I guess.

        A lot of American humor these days is edgier, and more laden
        with topical and cultural references.

        "I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
        the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless
        beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and
        respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and
        impatient of restraint." --- Hesiod

        Mark "Not a youth" Schuldenfrei
      • Larry Triplett
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2013
          I found the reference to be a disturbing lapse of judgement. A little
          more thought could have brought forth a better analogy. How about a test
          drive? Or a puppy sale? (Take the puppy home just for the night and see
          how you like it.) Hopefully there will be some conversation at HQ and we
          won't see it again.

          --
          Signature

          Larry Triplett, CFC
          APTCO, Inc.
          Printing and Promotions
          PO Box 2716
          Durham, NC 27715
          larrycfc@... <mailto:larrycfc@...>
          www.aptcoweb.com <http://www.aptcoweb.com>
          Phone 919-419-9030
          Fax 919-419-9312
        • Bob Patterson
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2013
            If you're getting old, I must be ancient. I didn't find the reference.

            Bob Patterson
            49-year member.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2013
              I agree, Larry. There are lots of other analogies that are more appropriate that would have been a better choice. HQ, its time to admit a mistake and make sure this doesn't happen again.

              Norm Starks

              Sent from my iPad

              On May 3, 2013, at 9:09 AM, Larry Triplett <larrycfc@...> wrote:

              > I found the reference to be a disturbing lapse of judgement. A little
              > more thought could have brought forth a better analogy. How about a test
              > drive? Or a puppy sale? (Take the puppy home just for the night and see
              > how you like it.) Hopefully there will be some conversation at HQ and we
              > won't see it again.
              >
              > On 5/3/2013 3:33 AM, bbshop@yahoogroups.com wrote:
              > >

              > > 4
              > >

              > > Re: Live wire - Crystal Meth ref!
              > >

              > > Thu May 2, 2013 4:00 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
              > >

              > > "Jim and Holly" brownkittycatt
              > > <mailto:browncatt@...?subject=Re%3A%20Live%20wire%20-%20Crystal%20Meth%20ref%21>
              > >

              > > I must be getting old or have I misunderstood? There appears to be a
              > > reference to drugs in the latest issue of Livewire. If it is, is that
              > > literal reference appropriate? I think I understand the analogy, i have
              > > written something similar, however to mention the drug, not sure....
              > >
              > > This may be a misunderstanding on my part not being a local.
              > >
              > > Jim Catt
              > > Director of Music
              > > Sydney Vocal Project
              > > www.sydneyvocalproject.com
              > > mobile
              >
              > --
              > Signature
              >
              > Larry Triplett, CFC
              > APTCO, Inc.
              > Printing and Promotions
              > PO Box 2716
              > Durham, NC 27715
              > larrycfc@... <mailto:larrycfc@...>
              > www.aptcoweb.com <http://www.aptcoweb.com>
              > Phone 919-419-9030
              > Fax 919-419-9312

            • willhamblet
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2013
                No one can harrrrumphh quite like a Barbershopper.

                Will

                --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, nlstarks@... wrote:

                > I agree, Larry. There are lots of other analogies that are more appropriate that would have been a better choice. HQ, its time to admit a mistake and make sure this doesn't happen again.
                >
                > Norm Starks
                >
                > Sent from my iPad
                >
                > On May 3, 2013, at 9:09 AM, Larry Triplett <larrycfc@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I found the reference to be a disturbing lapse of judgement. A little
                > > more thought could have brought forth a better analogy. How about a test
                > > drive? Or a puppy sale? (Take the puppy home just for the night and see
                > > how you like it.) Hopefully there will be some conversation at HQ and we
                > > won't see it again.
                > >
                > > On 5/3/2013 3:33 AM, bbshop@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                > > >

                > > > 4
                > > >

                > > > Re: Live wire - Crystal Meth ref!
                > > >

                > > > Thu May 2, 2013 4:00 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
                > > >

                > > > "Jim and Holly" brownkittycatt
                > > > <mailto:browncatt@...?subject=Re%3A%20Live%20wire%20-%20Crystal%20Meth%20ref%21>
                > > >

                > > > I must be getting old or have I misunderstood? There appears to be a
                > > > reference to drugs in the latest issue of Livewire. If it is, is that
                > > > literal reference appropriate? I think I understand the analogy, i have
                > > > written something similar, however to mention the drug, not sure....
                > > >
                > > > This may be a misunderstanding on my part not being a local.
                > > >
                > > > Jim Catt
                > > > Director of Music
                > > > Sydney Vocal Project
                > > > www.sydneyvocalproject.com
                > > > mobile
                > >
                > > --
                > > Signature
                > >
                > > Larry Triplett, CFC
                > > APTCO, Inc.
                > > Printing and Promotions
                > > PO Box 2716
                > > Durham, NC 27715
                > > larrycfc@... <mailto:larrycfc@...>
                > > www.aptcoweb.com <http://www.aptcoweb.com>
                > > Phone 919-419-9030
                > > Fax 919-419-9312

              • Dave Knapp
                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2013
                  When I read the reference to "crystal meth" in the LiveWire, I had to go back and read it a couple more times to believe what I was seeing. LOL Somebody needs to be Lynch(ed). :)

                  No harm done, I suppose.

                  Dave