"Do It Yourself" DVD for Marketing Performance to Convention Planners

  • Stephen Rafe
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26 4:55 AM
      Hi Folks --

      If you are planning to put together a video for marketing your chorus's
      services to convention planners, here's a format you might consider.
      (I've worked with several corporate and association clients on developing
      the content for their videos and coaching their narrators -- including
      Fortune 100 CEOs and Board Chairmen.)

      The video should be no longer than 60 seconds.

      1 -- Start with a "banner" on screen with the chorus singing but not seen.
      2 -- Fade down the singing volume as narrator begins a 20-second "sales
      pitch" geared 100% to convention planners' needs and interests.
      3 -- Gradually bring up "live" image of chorus singing in performance
      uniforms.
      4 -- Continue that for at least a full music phrase.
      5 -- Fade down the singing (still onscreen) and bring up the narrator's
      voice (off screen).
      6 -- Narrator's dialogue tells the convention planner how to contact you for
      more information.
      7 -- Fade down the visual of the chorus singing (with volume low) as you
      bring up the contact information on screen in full visual.
      8 -- Fade out the audio and the video.

      It's important to have a professional label on the DVD as well as a
      professional insert for the case. First impressions, you know.

      Caution: It's a mistake to try to use one DVD for more than one purpose. If
      you want to use a DVD for recruitment, make a separate one. A shortcut for
      doing that is to keep all of the above but change the narrator's text at #2
      and #6 and change the onscreen text at #7. It should be geared totally to a
      potential member's needs and interests. (I.e., It should "tell" what's in it
      for the viewer if he were to become a member. It should use a "you"
      approach, rather than a "we/us" approach. And the content should focus their
      key, internal motivators -- The desire to make a difference. The desire to
      serve. To master a challenge. The desire to do something just for the fun of
      it or the mere satisfaction of doing it.

      Hope this is helpful.

      Stephen
      STEPHEN RAFE
    • nlstarks