NEW SONG FOR MOTHERS

  • Stephen Rafe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2013
      Pleasw open this in HTML or RichText to see the correct formatting.

      I just wrote a song that barbershoppers could sing for others' mothers on Mothers Day. I know it's a little late but the song's so simple and so easily barbershoppable that a quartet should be able to pick it up quickly.

      It's in slow, 3/4 time, and legato. It still needs a bit of tweaking in the later verses so it doesn't become too repetitive. And the end needs to be a bit "freestyle."

      If you want to woodshed it, or arrange it, it's yours just for the asking as log as you are a current BHS member.

      Stephen
      STEPHEN RAFE

      MY MOM

      Words and Music: Stephen C. Rafe

      © 2013, Stephen C. Rafe. All Rights Reserved.

      E G D C B D

      I can still hear your voice

      C B B A B A

      As you whispered goodnight