"Will You Still Love Me (aka "When I'm Sixty Four")

  • Alexander Boltenko
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 22, 2013
      Rumor is that Mike Senter, the bass of 1972 Champion quartet Golden Staters arranged "Will You Still Love Me (a.k.a. "When I'm Sixty Four"). Society does not list that arrangement.

      Appreciate any and all help finding it.

      Thanks

      Alexander Boltenko
      ...just hit Reply or call
      269-501-7464 (it's the iPhone!)

    • Larry Triplett
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
        Indeed he did. I have it on their album "Two Sides, Two Sounds". Hmm,
        that title wouldn't work anymore. But of course this is vinyl. Sorry I
        don't have the sheet. But it could be cleared posthumously. I just
        cleared a Busby chart that people have been singing for 50 years, yet
        had never been cleared!
        --

        > "Will You Still Love Me (aka "When I'm Sixty Four")
        >

        > Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:36 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
        >

        > "Alexander Boltenko" russkibass
        > <mailto:aboltenko@...?subject=Re%3A%20%22Will%20You%20Still%20Love%20Me%20%28aka%20%22When%20I%27m%20Sixty%20Four%22%29>
        >

        > Rumor is that Mike Senter, the bass of 1972 Champion quartet Golden
        > Staters arranged "Will You Still Love Me (a.k.a. "When I'm Sixty
        > Four"). Society does not list that arrangement.
        >
        > Appreciate any and all help finding it.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Alexander Boltenko
        > ...just hit Reply or call
        > 269-501-7464 (it's the iPhone!)

        Signature

        Larry Triplett, CFC
        APTCO, Inc.
        Printing and Promotions
        PO Box 2716
        Durham, NC 27715
        larrycfc@... <mailto:larrycfc@...>
        www.aptcoweb.com <http://www.aptcoweb.com>
        Phone 919-419-9030
        Fax 919-419-9312
      • Bill Kane
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
          I do have the spots and would be willing to share, but need to know who is handling Mike's arrangements so someone can legally use it. Bill KanePhoenix
          To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
          From: larrycfc@...
          Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:33:04 -0400
          Subject: [bbshop] Re: "Will You Still Love Me (aka "When I'm Sixty Four")

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
            Larry, thanks. I know this can be done. The question is where is a written
            copy, if it ever was one?

            --
            *
            Alexander Boltenko

            *

          • Fran Wilson
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
              I don't know about Mike's arrangement, but the BHS catalog does list arrangements by Daniel Dekowski & Tom Gentry.

            • Bill Kruse
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
                Not a Mike Senter arrangement, but the BHS has an arrangement #8608 of When I'm 64 by Tom Gentry with learning tracks.

                Bill Kruse - 53 Year Member Barbershop Harmony Society - S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A., Inc.
                Westchester Chordsmen / The Alliance / Freshmen Again! / Capt'n Billy's Whizbang
                 Music & Performance VP/ Chapter Counselor MAD

                ________________________________
                Indeed he did. I have it on their album "Two Sides, Two Sounds". Hmm,
                that title wouldn't work anymore. But of course this is vinyl. Sorry I
                don't have the sheet. But it could be cleared posthumously. I just
                cleared a Busby chart that people have been singing for 50 years, yet
                had never been cleared!
                --

                >    "Will You Still Love Me (aka "When I'm Sixty Four")
                >

                >        Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:36 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
                >

                >      "Alexander Boltenko" russkibass
                >      <mailto:aboltenko@...?subject=Re%3A%20%22Will%20You%20Still%20Love%20Me%20%28aka%20%22When%20I%27m%20Sixty%20Four%22%29>
                >

                > Rumor is that Mike Senter, the bass of 1972 Champion quartet Golden
                > Staters arranged "Will You Still Love Me (a.k.a. "When I'm Sixty
                > Four"). Society does not list that arrangement.
                >
                > Appreciate any and all help finding it.
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Alexander Boltenko
                > ...just hit Reply or call
                > 269-501-7464 (it's the iPhone!)

                Signature

                Larry Triplett, CFC
                APTCO, Inc.
                Printing and Promotions
                PO Box 2716
                Durham, NC 27715
                larrycfc@... <mailto:larrycfc@...>
                www.aptcoweb.com <http://www.aptcoweb.com/>
                Phone 919-419-9030
                Fax 919-419-9312

              • Marty Israel
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
                  Hi Netters, I'm a little curious about something. I have never seen this song with a title of Will You Still Love Me. The title is When I'm Sixty-Four. Nowhere in the song do the words "Will you still love me" appear. The line is "Will you still need me; will you still feed me; when I'm sixty-four." It is from the Beatles album titled Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. My question is does Mike Senter's arrangement or any other arrangement insert the words "Will You Still Love Me"? Canto ergo sum Marty IsraelLong live the 7th

                • Bill Kane
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 23, 2013
                    Mike's arrangement has as its title: Will You Still Love Me When I'm 64? Those words do not ever appear in the arrangement. Bill Kane
                    To: aboltenko@...; larrycfc@...
                    CC: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
                    From: firmbari@...
                    Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 00:00:47 -0400