Re: [bbshop] Services for Dave Mittelstadt

  • Ev Nau
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2013
      How ironic that Dave will be laid to rest on the Society's 75th birthday.
      May we all take a moment to reflect on his many contributions and ask
      ourselves the tough question: who will take his place? Who will provide the
      next level of inspiration, education, fellowship and joy that Dave did?

      Or will his burial not be ironic, but prophetic? Will the Society itself be
      able to survive without the likes of the Dave's of the world? I believe we
      can gather inspiration and dedicate ourselves to everything Dave stood for
      by dropping all the nonsense and finger-pointing and just doing the things
      that need to be done to bring the pure joy of sharing a chord with three
      other guys. That will be the most fitting memorial to a man who so dearly
      loved this organization.

      RIP, Dave. You may be gone, but your work will serve us well as we once
      again learn to share harmony in all its aspects. It truly is the least we
      can do.

      Ev Nau