Services for Dave Mittelstadt

  • Bud
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2013
      The viewing will be at Bradley Funeral Home at 345 Main St.
      Chatham on Wednesday, April 10th form 2 to 4 PM and 7 to 9 PM. The memorial service will be
      at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 160 Ridgedale Ave. Florham Park, NJ on Thursday, April 11th
      at 10:30 AM with a light repast following the service. In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations
      in Dave's name be made to either the BHS Harmony Foundation, 110 Seventh Ave. North, Nashville,
      TN or to the Florham Park First Aid Squad, 60 Felch Road, Florham Park, NJ 07932.
      If you can pass this along to interested parties, Arlene would be very grateful.
    • Ev Nau
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2013
        How ironic that Dave will be laid to rest on the Society's 75th birthday.
        May we all take a moment to reflect on his many contributions and ask
        ourselves the tough question: who will take his place? Who will provide the
        next level of inspiration, education, fellowship and joy that Dave did?

        Or will his burial not be ironic, but prophetic? Will the Society itself be
        able to survive without the likes of the Dave's of the world? I believe we
        can gather inspiration and dedicate ourselves to everything Dave stood for
        by dropping all the nonsense and finger-pointing and just doing the things
        that need to be done to bring the pure joy of sharing a chord with three
        other guys. That will be the most fitting memorial to a man who so dearly
        loved this organization.

        RIP, Dave. You may be gone, but your work will serve us well as we once
        again learn to share harmony in all its aspects. It truly is the least we
        can do.

        Ev Nau