Re: March 2013 Top 10 Harmonet Posting Statistics

  • bandit7577
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2013
      Derick --
      I would LOVE to join a chapter but, as I have said before, my work and personal situation really prohibit it. I am forced to support the Society through my dues to the Frank Thorne Chapter, and the LOL district, anything else that would normally go to a chapter I try to make up for by contributing to Harmony Foundation so that the hobby can perpetuate.

      I have been an active member in three chapters. I can still remember the day the Cecil Nalls (may he rest in peace) invited a young USAF Staff Sergeant to his first meeting of the Commodore Chorus. My first convention was a Southern Division convention where after I sang the the back of my butt never touched the back of my chair as I watched all the quartets and choruses perform.

      I went to Korea and sang in a quartet. I was active for years in the New Horizons Chorus. War broke out (no politics please) and I retired and moved back to Minnesota and joined the Willmar Chapter but my new career of looking for work interfered.

      I lurked for a few years until I realized that I needed to support Barbershop Harmony anyway I could and now I am a Frank Thorne member.

      I have emailed the EVP of LoL about a couple of ideas to help me be active again and further the hobby and have asked for some guidance.

      Those of us that are members of that "ubiquitous chapter named for Frank Thorne", some of whom have competed on the International stage, may be doing more for the Society, in general, than you know.

      Doug Johnson
      Robbinsdale, Minnesota