Re: [bbshop] A Thought "Outside the Box"

  • Stephen Rafe
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2013
      Exactly.

      Stephen
      STEPHEN RAFE
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: John Witmer
      To: Harmonet
      Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 1:07 PM
      Subject: [bbshop] A Thought "Outside the Box"

      Perhaps we need a new "business plan".

      One of the major sources of income for the Society is the annual convention. As a result, it is only natural that our leaders spend a great deal of time and effort in organizing, promoting and generally supporting the convention and everything that leads to it. As a result, there is a tremendous emphasis on competition. Does this emphasis detract from efforts to organize, promote and generally support non-competitive forms of barbershop? The low percentage of members who participate in conventions would seem to indicate that they don't place competition high on their list of barbershop activities.

      Ergo, the "business plan" for the Society might benefit from a revision in the way we raise money. It is a commonplace that "follow the money" is the best clue to what happens in business. Is the Barbershop Society any different. If you agree with this concept, how about some proposals for different techniques of raising money for the Society?

      Chordially, John Witmer, Clemson Downs Retirement Community