Re: Society and declining membership. Hello?

  • Paul Girard
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 29, 2013
      You might notice that the Operations Department is young and has done an enormous job of appealing to youth to grow membership, but also to plant seeds for membership when these youth have more time for the hobby. Maybe time needs to pass. And maybe more can be done in this vane.

      In this discussion, I have not heard any word about the amazing sensation of ringing a chord, which only happens rarely in contemporary a cappella and is drowned out by instruments. That's what made me join and stay. Getting people to experience that is the best recruiter. All else is overhead.

      Paul

      On Mar 29, 2013, at 12:07 PM, bbshop@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Re: Society and declining membership. Hello?
      > Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:57 am (PDT) . Posted by:"Stephen Rafe"We agree Norm. However, the same thing was said about "D" and Ed, and the others ho have passed through that job.
      >
      > The problem is that the house needs to be cleaned before Marty can put it back in order. And that means getting rid of the hangers-on who have created and who maintain the subculture that has brought the BHS to its present, pathetic level.
      >
      > Stephen
      > STEPHEN RAFE

    • Stephen Rafe
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 31, 2013