Fwd: Senior Bowl Superstar Contest

  • Lynette Pope
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2013
      We have all heard the Star Spangled Banner slaughtered and sometimes
      rendered unrecognizable by hollywood stars, athletes, and people of all
      ages claiming to be musicians.

      Sure there are some good performances, but too many people are there just
      to promote themselves, with very little thought or concern about the WORDS
      they are singing or the REASON they have the FREEDOM to be famous enough to
      be asked to sing the National Anthem in public.

      This is our opportunity to support someone who sings the United States
      National Anthem with respect, pride, AND..............in TUNE!!

      Read the forwarded email below about Diane Swearingen's connection to
      barbershop.
      Here's the link to the Senior Bowl Superstar Voting site.
      http://www.seniorbowl.com/superstarvote2013.asp
      Visit the website, listen to the three finalists, and cast your vote.

      Thanks everyone!! Let's keep ringing those chords, sharing our music, and
      teaching barbershop harmony to all who wish to join in!

      Lynette Pope
      Harmony Hills Chorus, Baritone - 1st place Small Chorus, SAI Region 23
      Open House Monday, January 21, 2013
      Song of Atlanta Chorus, Lead - 5th place in the WORLD!! SAI Denver 2012
      Open House Tuesday, January 22, 2013
      Effervescent Quartet, Baritone/Tenor

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2013
        ---- Lynette Pope <lpope00@...> wrote:
        > We have all heard the Star Spangled Banner slaughtered and sometimes
        > rendered unrecognizable by hollywood stars, athletes, and people of all
        > ages claiming to be musicians.
        >
        > Sure there are some good performances, but too many people are there just
        > to promote themselves, with very little thought or concern about the WORDS
        > they are singing or the REASON they have the FREEDOM to be famous enough to
        > be asked to sing the National Anthem in public.
        >
        > This is our opportunity to support someone who sings the United States
        > National Anthem with respect, pride, AND..............in TUNE!!

        I was about to be thrilled that she actually knew the melody, and then she had to throw in that one "show off" note :-(

        Brian Gordon : Bass Lexington, SC Main Street Harmonizers : SPEBSQSA/BHS