Denny Gore Passes

  • Keith Mc
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2012
      Carl Dahlke informs us that after a long illness, International Quartet
      Medalist Denny Gore has passed on and joined the chorus in the sky.

      He was probably best known for:
      Vagabonds (Top Ten International 1972-1978, International Medalist
      for several of those years, earning the Silver in1976):
      ... http://www.barbershopwiki.com/wiki/Vagabonds
      ... http://harmonymarketplace.stores.yahoo.net/vagabonds.html
      and Center Stage ( Top ten at International every year they competed,
      medalist for many years, earning the Silver in 1982, 1983, *and* 1984).
      ... http://www.barbershopwiki.com/wiki/Center_Stage

      He was also a frequent fill-in for Marquis, did much to further
      the art, entertained countless people, and influenced many of us.

      Years ago I had the very rare privilege of singing with him for a
      while in the 12 person mixed specialty show VLQ "Kings and Queens".
      That was one of the highlight experiences of my life, as he was by
      far one of the finest singers I've ever known. He will be sorely missed.

      - Keith McClary, in Michigan (PIO district)