Barbershopper Needs Your "Sound" Support

  • themcalexanders
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012
      Theresa Trollinger, a member of Skyline Chorus (SAI current international fourth-place medalists), just recently became aware of a competition that will award the winner a new pair of hearing aids.

      Theresa (aka TJ) has been hearing impaired all her life, but with the help of hearing aids she's been able to participate in an SAI chorus for 27 years! Her current hearing aids are reaching obsolescence, so winning this contest would allow her to move to newer technology, assuring her the ability to keep participating in our great hobby.

      I've included her own words below. Please help her by voting for her ONCE EVERY DAY BETWEEN NOW AND DEC 10.

      A couple things ... You do need a Facebook account in order to vote. Also, from what I can tell, part of the voting process involves "liking" the page of the company that's sponsoring the contest. But you can always "unlike" in just a few days after we all help TJ win the contest.

      I remember how much my dad's new hearing aids cost 15 years ago. I can only imagine what a new pair costs these days. Let's help TJ keep Harmonizing the World!

      Here's the link:

      https://www.facebook.com/soundreliefhearingcenter?sk=app_451684954848385&app_data=view-vote%2Cfor-132149

      And here's her story, in her own words:

      I remember when I was a BBS brat; just a little kid, BHS (or at the time SPEBSQSA LOL) used to sing "We sing that they shall Speak". I experienced all of BHS' beliefs first hand as a child with significant hearing speech and language challenges.

      As a Sweet Adeline for 27 years now, I'm about to ask all of my BBS friends if you would participate in a contest I'm participating in. I have a significant hearing loss and I always have. Now I'm in a contest to win a new set of hearing aids. I've always kept my disability private until today because of my silly pride. Pride gone and drive and desire to win takes over!

      All you have to do is vote for me! It's easy, and quick, and the contest lasts only til Monday. I need about 1000 if I really want to win. I would also win tinnitus testing and other tests that could help get my vertigo managed better. Most of these tests are covered under insurance but hearing aids are not.

      Now you know! Now all of you know! LOL! You can vote every day until midnight Monday the 10th of December. All you have to do is click on this link. I would be thrilled beyond words if I won. Please join me and vote. Thank you all so much....Theresa, Denver Colorado