Forefront Quartet has a new tenor!! [BHS]

  • Brian O'Dell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012
      Dear Forefront Friends & Family,

      As many of you may already know, Forefront's tenor, Garry Texeira
      stepped down recently to focus more energy on his family. The rest of us,
      not wanting to skip a beat, set out on a journey to find a new tenor. As it
      turns out, just making the public statement that we were starting a search
      was enough to get an overwhelming response from people wanting to fill the
      position. To speed the process we limited the number of auditions and hoped
      to find someone nearby to us as we are already spread far apart on the map.
      We wanted someone to step into place and be ready to hit the ground
      running. Of course we wanted a tenor with a great voice and great talent
      and a strong desire to keep striving towards barbershop greatness.

      Drumroll please�..

      We are happy to announce that we believe we have found those qualities in
      our tenor choice of *Mr. Andrew "Drew" Wheaton!!*

      Drew is currently completing his degree in Bachelor of Music Education at
      the University of Louisville. He has already received his Bachelor of Music
      Theory degree from McGill University in Montreal. He has plans to begin his
      Master's degree in Choral Conducting at U of L from Fall 2013 to Spring
      2015.

      Drew is a barbershop brat to be sure, his dad sang barbershop for 8 years
      before Drew was born, and is still very active. He sang his first
      tag "Lilly Marlene" with The Management quartet when he was 5 years old at
      an NED convention. Now in his 18th year in the society, he has quite a
      barbershop r�sum�. Most recently (since 2007) he sang lead in two college
      quartets: Thunder Cats & Blend Tech. He is currently singing tenor in the
      2011 Johnny Appleseed District champions, The Franchise. Drew will be
      singing with them for the remainder of their current slate of shows through
      April of 2013. In addition to his quartet experience, Drew has been
      directing the Thoroughbreds Chorus for a year and has been assistant
      director with Kentucky Vocal Union for 3 years.

      Please take a moment to welcome him to our Forefront family. His email is: *
      Drew@...*

      We've responded individually to all other interested parties, but we'd like
      to publicly thank the wealth of people who wanted to put their name into
      the hat. We thought it would be a much longer and tougher transition
      attempting to replace our gold medal tenor, Garry. He's pretty spectacular!

      Speaking of, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank Garry for being
      with us in the tenor spot for our first three years, and being an
      instrumental part of the quartet as we reached top twenty at our first
      International competition and made top ten the following two years. We also
      had several performances across the country, and anyone who's seen our show
      knows that Garry is a great front man. We'll miss him and his friendship
      greatly. We'll certainly reconnect with him at Cardinal District events.

      As we make our transition with Drew on tenor, we will definitely be getting
      right back to work, as we have a very busy schedule ahead of us. Our much
      sought after first recording is going to be ready in March. We are going to
      make one more trip to the recording studio to get a few tracks down with
      Drew. So that means a lot of work this winter with coaching and recording
      and preparing for contest as well as a heavy show season in the spring.

      Check our website for further information on our future shows. We have
      communicated with each of our scheduled show contacts and they are aware of
      the upcoming change. Garry was also our quartet contact man. Brian O'Dell
      will now be our contact for any further inquiries. Please visit
      www.forefrontquartet.com for necessary info.

      We'd love to see you at one of our upcoming Spring performances:

      March 9 (Sat) - Lima Beane Chorus Chapter Show - Lima, OH - (2 Shows)

      March 22 - 24 (Fri-Sun) - Cardinal District Spring Convention - Columbus, IN

      April 6 (Sat) - River City Chorus Chapter Show - Mason City, IA - (2 Shows)

      April 20 (Sat) - Singing Saints of St. Cloud Chapter Show - Paramount
      Theater, St. Cloud MN

      April 21 (Sun) - West Towns Chorus Chapter Show - Lombard, IL

      May 10 - 12 (Fri-Sat-Sun) - Lehigh Valley Harmonizers Chapter Show -
      Allentown, PA

      June 1 (Sat) - Mammoth Cave Chapter Show - Bowling Green, KY

      June 22 (Sat) - Coles County IL Chapter Show

      To be certain, we were fortunate to be blessed with finding Drew, and in
      a time-frame that keeps Forefront from skipping a beat in our performance
      plans! So to recap, a huge thank you goes to Garry, and a hardy welcome to
      Drew. We look forward to entertaining crowds for a long time to come.

      Wishing you all the best this Christmas and Holiday season!

      Aaron, Brian, Kevin... and Drew, ;-)

      *Forefront Quartet*