Re: A Comment On Non-Dues paying Members

  • danwolfe99
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2012
      It should be the job of your chapter secretary and/or chorus manager to know who is and who is not paid up on their dues and at what level they are at (your treasurer can also help with this). You can be a part of what's called the "Frank Thorne" Chapter. This "chapter" exists in every BHS District and is basically a group of guys who want to remain a part of BHS but who are not part of any regular chapter. I was a member of Frank Thorne for a few months when my then current chapter folded and I had not yet joined another chapter. Frank Thorne members can sing with any Chorus at regular Chorus events; however, they cannot compete with that Chorus nor are their numbers counted in any official count. They may compete in a quarter, though.

      In Harmony,
      Dan Wolfe
      danwolfe99 (at) yahoo.com
      Lead - Cascade Chorus, Eugene OR