Re: [bbshop] WAGON WHEELS - LOOKING FOR WORDS

  • david brennan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2012
      Eric:

      I believe you are looking for the old Sons of the Pioneers song. My
      quartet used to woodshed this back in 1952. There is a beautiful rendition
      on the Sons of the Pioneers website.

      WAGON WHEELS

      Wagon Wheels, Wagon Wheels, keep on a turnin', Wagon Wheels
      Roll along, sing your song, carry me over the hill.

      Go 'long mule, there's a steamer at the landing,
      Waitin' for the cotton to load
      Go 'long mule, the boss is understanding
      There's a pasture at the end of each road.

      Wagon Wheels, Wagon Wheels, keep on a turnin', Wagon Wheels
      Roll along, sing your song, Wagon Wheels carry me home,
      Wagon Wheels carry me home.

      Please accept my condolences. I hope this is in time for the service!

      Dave Brennan
      Tuscaloosa Alabama Chapter
      Member since 1949