WAGON WHEELS - LOOKING FOR WORDS

  • gotlead1@rcn.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2012
      HARMONET FRIENDS,

      I am looking for an old barbershop song called WAGON WHEELS, my pop sang the bass solo with his quartet back in the 60's. I would love to use those words at the funeral on tuesday if possible. please let me know if you know the song ??

      thanks alot.

      ERIC GPHILLIPS
      GOTLEAD1@...
    • Keith Mc
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2012
        Eric G Phillips (gotlead1@...) wrote:
        > I am looking for an old barbershop song called WAGON WHEELS, my pop
        > sang the bass solo with his quartet back in the 60's. I would love to
        > use those words at the funeral on tuesday if possible. please let
        > me know if you know the song ??

        Hmmm.. There are several songs called "Wagon Wheels". Which
        one do you wish, Paul Whiteman's, the old Bob Dylan sketch done
        by the "Old Crow Medicine Show", or another?

        IF you are talking about the one sung by the Old Crow Medicine Show"
        ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_Wheel_%28song%29
        then see:
        ... http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/o/old_crow_medicine_show/wagon_wheel.html
        It has both the lyrics, and a video widget with lyric following.

        But there's also the Paul Whiteman dance song:
        ... http://lyricful.com/artists/paul-whiteman-lyrics/songs/wagon-wheels-lyrics-3
        ... http://www.tubelyrics.org/lyrics_paul_whiteman_album_unknown_wagon_wheels-20985.html

        If you wish another one, we'll need more info.
        Can you cite ANY of the lyrics, for the one you wish to use?

        I hope this helps...
        - Keith Mc.
        "Lawyers are like Wagon Wheels... buth must be well greased before they'll work"
      • david brennan
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2012
          Eric:

          I believe you are looking for the old Sons of the Pioneers song. My
          quartet used to woodshed this back in 1952. There is a beautiful rendition
          on the Sons of the Pioneers website.

          WAGON WHEELS

          Wagon Wheels, Wagon Wheels, keep on a turnin', Wagon Wheels
          Roll along, sing your song, carry me over the hill.

          Go 'long mule, there's a steamer at the landing,
          Waitin' for the cotton to load
          Go 'long mule, the boss is understanding
          There's a pasture at the end of each road.

          Wagon Wheels, Wagon Wheels, keep on a turnin', Wagon Wheels
          Roll along, sing your song, Wagon Wheels carry me home,
          Wagon Wheels carry me home.

          Please accept my condolences. I hope this is in time for the service!

          Dave Brennan
          Tuscaloosa Alabama Chapter
          Member since 1949