Where is that giant directory of arrangements?

  • Neal
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
      Where is that giant directory of arrangements?

      I know the Society has it big pdf. catalog of published arrangements
      but I recall seeing, on some barbershop related web site, a single
      source of nearly everyone's arrangements.

      I see a lot of songs missing from the society's pdf.

      Isn't there a way of searching all the arranger's offerings from a
      single place, searchable by various criteria ?

      Neal
    • aclassapartbari
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
        Neal, go to the main website (barbershop.org), then on the upper-right of the main page, click the pull down menue "Resources". Next click on "Get Music". You can search by Music Titles, ID #, arranger, or composer. It's great! You can even just type "C" and it will show every arrangement that begins with that letter. Once you find what you want, you might want to call 1-800-876-SING to actually place the order, however, as the pricing can be a bit tricky, depending on whether you are just wanting to view the music or actually perform it.
        Happy Hunting!
        Rick Word
        Atlanta

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Neal" <nealsiegal@...> wrote:

        > Where is that giant directory of arrangements?
        >
        > I know the Society has it big pdf. catalog of published arrangements
        > but I recall seeing, on some barbershop related web site, a single
        > source of nearly everyone's arrangements.
        >
        > I see a lot of songs missing from the society's pdf.
        >
        > Isn't there a way of searching all the arranger's offerings from a
        > single place, searchable by various criteria ?
        >
        > Neal

      • themcalexanders
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2012
          Neal,

          Is this what you were thinking of?

          http://www.harmonize.ws/links/misc/arrangers.cfm

          Ann McAlexander
          Capital City, SAI
          Melodeers, SAI
          BHS wife, mom, and Associate

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Neal" <nealsiegal@...> wrote:

          > Where is that giant directory of arrangements?
          >
          > I know the Society has it big pdf. catalog of published arrangements
          > but I recall seeing, on some barbershop related web site, a single
          > source of nearly everyone's arrangements.
          >
          > I see a lot of songs missing from the society's pdf.
          >
          > Isn't there a way of searching all the arranger's offerings from a
          > single place, searchable by various criteria ?
          >
          > Neal

        • themcalexanders
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2012
            Oops, just remembered one more!

            Mike Barkley's monster list of arrangements:

            http://www.mjbarkl.com/two.htm

            Ann McAlexander

            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Neal" <nealsiegal@...> wrote:

            > Where is that giant directory of arrangements?
            >
            > I know the Society has it big pdf. catalog of published arrangements
            > but I recall seeing, on some barbershop related web site, a single
            > source of nearly everyone's arrangements.
            >
            > I see a lot of songs missing from the society's pdf.
            >
            > Isn't there a way of searching all the arranger's offerings from a
            > single place, searchable by various criteria ?
            >
            > Neal

          • aclassapartbari
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2012
              I almost forgot that on the same "get music" page in addition to the search box on the right, down the left are many helpful subgroups, such as "Free & Easy" arrangements, the Jack Baird Library, free Joe Johnson arrangements, links to arrangers sites or people who make learning tracks, and much more. Really facinating stuff! I think their pdf catalog has everything listed as well. And if you just can't seem to find it anywhere, call HQ up anyway. They may be able to locate out of print songs for you and help you get a legal copy.
              Rick Word
              Atlanta